Friday and Saturday hunt? (Sorry, plans changed)

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
OP
OP
Brett

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
My wife just informed me of my birthday present. The whole family is going to an indoor water park and resort up in Gurnee, IL from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. So I'm probably going to get up early and just do some 'tectin locally before we have to drive north. Have a great weekend guys... I hope the pool is warm and the margaritas have no salt.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Hey now watch it bud, don't drink and ... whatever. Unless you feel the need to of course. Have fun!

OP
OP
Brett

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Ok thanks Uncle LowBatts.

I think the last time I had a Margarita was two years ago on my birthday.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Have fun, Brett!!! :occasion14:

Dad will take care of all those old silvers laying around while you're sitting poolside. ;D

Tell 'em to rim those margarita glasses with sugar! It's the only way to go :wink:

Neil

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I think I'll go up to Gurnee and throw Mr. Bubble in the pool there.

OP
OP
Brett

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Hahaha, that would seriously mess this place up. Still the life of the party, ay Tim?

Someone does that just about every year at a circulating waterfall at Phillips Park in Montgomery. It's an awexome site to behold.

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. I went detecting with my dad in the morning, and we hit about 5 sites. The best one was a sewer tear up at an old farm house that's now the maintainence guys place for a neighboring church. We got permission on the fly and my dad pulled a 1919-s wheatie right out of some muck that was on top of the ground. He got another old wheatie there too. I only nabbed a silver plated spoon there, and a '40 wheat at one site and a '48d wheat from another site.

I had a great day though, detecting in the morning with my dad and then spending the evening with my family going out to eat (inside this resort) and the doing some swimming. The water and air in this place could be warmer though. Oh, I also found my favorite new show on Discover Channel. It's called Doing DaVinci, an these crazy guys with clashing personallities actually build working lifesize models of DaVinci's wicked awexome inventions. Check that out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread