What's new

FRIDAYS 4 BOXES OF HALVES + PICS

yonico

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2010
Messages
351
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
New York City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FRIDAY'S 4 BOXES OF HALVES + PICS

Hey guys
so after the last 6 boxes have been nothing but skunk, i ordered 4 boxes this week (instead of 2) + 2 boxes of nickels to try my luck. for some reason i got BRINKS/brown wrappers (double Decker) boxes instead of the usual rectangle/yellow wrapper. wasn't too excited, since i always hear bad things bout those brinks boxes. also got $6.50 in loose halves from the teller, bam! 2 x 66', 1 x 68'. good start!

so i got home and started working on the boxes right away.

box #1
skunk. :( i did get 9 NIFC's and one (proof?) bicentennial but nothin more that that. here we go again.

box #2
holy ****! as i open the box i see a bell staring at me. Franklin ender! i pick up this roll and under it, a WLH ender! omg. **SEE PICS BELOW** i was so excited. i've had 40%ers and even one 64' ender but never a WLH! i knew it's gonna be a good box. the roll with the WLH also had one 63-D Franklin and one 1964 Kenn in it.

1941-d Walker
2 x 63-D Franklin's
1964 Kenn.
4 x 40%Er's (3x 67', 1 x 66')

DSC03256.jpg


box #3
no silver in first 25 rolls. i did find a 2010-D NIFC - a first. took a break to go through some nickels. no luck there. back to the halves. second half of the box was awesome! got 3 silvers in one roll!
4 x 64' Kenn.
1 x 66'
1 x 67'
2x 68-D


box #4

the last box didn't disappoint me. it may not be much comparing to the numbers i see people post here sometimes, but it was my personal best day with halves. especially after 6 skunks in a row!
1917 WLH !!!
4 x 67' Kenn
1 x 68-D
2 x 69'
1 x 2008 NIFC

DSC03273.jpg



4 boxes searched, 18x 40%ers, 5x 64's, 2 Franklin's, 2 walkers. I'm happy :headbang:

DSC03270.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Re: FRIDAY'S 4 BOXES OF HALVES + PICS

Wow those were some good boxes for you!
 
Re: FRIDAY'S 4 BOXES OF HALVES + PICS

yeah.. thanks
hope i can keep it up, teller started givin me hard time ordering boxes.. >:(
 
Re: FRIDAY'S 4 BOXES OF HALVES + PICS

very nice!
 
Re: FRIDAY'S 4 BOXES OF HALVES + PICS

Nice score :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: FRIDAY'S 4 BOXES OF HALVES + PICS

Excellent :thumbsup:
 
Re: FRIDAY'S 4 BOXES OF HALVES + PICS

Yonico,
Great finds. Gotta love those WLH, Ben's and 1964 Jack's. Glad you made a nice score after
the "skunks' you mentioned. Just goes to show you that....It's out there. Learn to take the good with the bad and keep at it. Isn't finding WLH and Ben "enders" exciting.
rileyboy
 
Re: FRIDAY'S 4 BOXES OF HALVES + PICS

Great scores and great pics yonico!!! Savor the flavor!!! :tongue3:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Re: FRIDAY'S 4 BOXES OF HALVES + PICS

Solid hit! I can't stand getting brown wrapped Garda boxes from Wachovia, last 6 have been skunks from them, so no more ordering from that local. Two skunk boxes in I saw a coin marked with "I got em all!!" One of us perhaps? >:)
 
Re: FRIDAY'S 4 BOXES OF HALVES + PICS

thanks guys..
to epicdeuce, i saw these before. on these last boxes i got about 10 halves with "I LUV JANET" written on obverse. also been getting some that read LOOMBARDO on the obverse. i wonder if its someone on the boards here whos responsible for these lol
 
Re: FRIDAY'S 4 BOXES OF HALVES + PICS

yonico said:
thanks guys..
to epicdeuce, i saw these before. on these last boxes i got about 10 halves with "I LUV JANET" written on obverse. also been getting some that read LOOMBARDO on the obverse. i wonder if its someone on the boards here whos responsible for these lol

I get tons of the Lombardo (only 2 of the I love Janet). The Lombardo is kind of written downwards in an L shape
 
Re: FRIDAY'S 4 BOXES OF HALVES + PICS

Sweet scores!!!!! WTG!!!
 
Re: FRIDAY'S 4 BOXES OF HALVES + PICS

Great finds, and inspiring photos ! Good job :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich
 
Re: FRIDAY'S 4 BOXES OF HALVES + PICS

:thumbsup: Nice mix. Stack em up!
 
Re: FRIDAY'S 4 BOXES OF HALVES + PICS

Wow! I love seeing great finds like this...it gives everyone the encouragement they need to keep pushing through the skunks!.


EpicDeuce said:
Two skunk boxes in I saw a coin marked with "I got em all!!"

I am convinced that one of the main reasons some people mark halves is to scare others away and discourage them. I recently had a box with probably 10 unique marks on a majority of the coins. I still found 6 keepers out of the box, although I was scared when I first started seeing all those marks.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom