Friends, I have not posted in awhile because after the great 2018 Paradise fire I sort of gave it a rest. None the less, I believe the Treasure of --

Combat K

Oct 20, 2017
little rock, ark
Detector(s) used
researcher only at this point
Primary Interest:
Other
Paradise is still there someplace, buried in soot and under cold embers. Hidden in the mid 1980's by a mysterious and now lost CIA contract pilot we called 'Jerry' the horde was a stated $165,000,000 in mostly gold and some cash. Adjusted for inflation that amount would have climbed to around half a billion U$ by this time. This was drug money, As with all treasures one cannot and will not swear it is still there but we think the odds are very good it is. But it is assumed to be hidden on Jerry's once owned property at the Paradise Air Park. First of all, that parcel was most likely held in someone else's name for obvious reasons. Now it must be owned by someone else altogether. How then to search? So if a person with a good metal detector wished to look, how would you go about doing so? Just ask permission? Sneak about in the dead of night? I live in Little Rock, Ark. and am too poor to go out there, too old and too far away. I am mainly an amateur historian and a guy that likes to see a mystery solved. If you were me, how would you go about this task. combat K

Attachments

• paradise airpark.JPG
    paradise airpark.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 80

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can find the owner by looking at the tax records posted either online or at the county courthouse. Contact the owner and strike a deal.....with a contract written by a lawyer. Then you can waste years looking for something that probably isn't there anymore. :laughing7:

OP
OP
C

Combat K

Oct 20, 2017
little rock, ark
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think Jerry would have hid his stash on his own property. That's too obvious of a place for someone looking. He would have been smarter. Perhaps left clues on his property but not the stash.
You can find the owner by looking at the tax records posted either online or at the county courthouse. Contact the owner and strike a deal.....with a contract written by a lawyer. Then you can waste years looking for something that probably isn't there anymore. :laughing7:

OP
OP
C

Combat K

Oct 20, 2017
little rock, ark
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That is certainly a possibility. I have contemplated many scenarios since Kellerman related this part of his life to me back in 09. But in the end when lost treasure is contemplated, that is always the case. But right off the bat I am wondering if there are any structures still standing at the air park. I think everything was incinerated and Paradise seems to be on the remote side so even those that I have chatted with that are intrigued lived hours away. At least the area in question is not vast. And the backstory on Jerry is this: he was a covert contract pilot for CIA, up to serious crimes that nearly brought down the Reagan administration. The CIA did not want this to get out after their Contra plans collapsed in the aftermath of the plane (once belonging to Barry Seal) was shot down in Nicaragua. Jerry landed at Edwards Air Force Base and was spirited off by police. If I had been he, I would have never informed the CIA of my home address. And that would have been fine with CIA because they are all about 'plausible deniability.' Jerry vanished into the dust bin of history as far we know. I wrote CIA twice asking basic questions about this guy and the whole story of the missing bundle and didn't even get back a cover letter.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paradise is still there someplace, buried in soot and under cold embers. Hidden in the mid 1980's by a mysterious and now lost CIA contract pilot we called 'Jerry' the horde was a stated $165,000,000 in mostly gold and some cash. Adjusted for inflation that amount would have climbed to around half a billion U$ by this time. This was drug money, As with all treasures one cannot and will not swear it is still there but we think the odds are very good it is. But it is assumed to be hidden on Jerry's once owned property at the Paradise Air Park. First of all, that parcel was most likely held in someone else's name for obvious reasons. Now it must be owned by someone else altogether. How then to search? So if a person with a good metal detector wished to look, how would you go about doing so? Just ask permission? Sneak about in the dead of night? I live in Little Rock, Ark. and am too poor to go out there, too old and too far away. I am mainly an amateur historian and a guy that likes to see a mystery solved. If you were me, how would you go about this task. combat K
You do know government contractors spent over a year hauling the top couple feet of dirt to a hazardous waste disposal area? It’s either shallow now or was dug up. Of course the excavations only occurred under and near development.

OP
OP
C

Combat K

Oct 20, 2017
little rock, ark
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I did not know that. The soil removal you mention--was that in the air park zone? That is the area to search. It is hard from a distance to learn what is going on up there but I am very curious to find out. Also, the Jerry Treasure went into a dozen crates and each one weighed a lot since it was mostly gold. I think Jerry used a back hoe and put it down pretty deep. He had told Kellerman he was spiriting his ill gotten gain out of the country on his plane for awhile but started simply burying it because that was easier and more practical. After all, what could possibly happen to it?

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A ton of gold in a cube is a little less than 15 inches on a side.

"Jerry" had about 17 of those cubes by your account.

Seems like one hole would have been plenty big enough. The problem comes when lifting and transporting that much weight. Heavy equipment would have to be readily available.

Obviously you can't know where the gold is buried since you are sitting thousands of miles away but you might be able to track where "Jerry's" lifting machine was stored. That could be a clue you could use.

Tesorodeoro - do you know why they would scrape the surface of the airpark? What was so hazardous about the dirt that it had to be piled on someone else's land?

OP
OP
C

Combat K

Oct 20, 2017
little rock, ark
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
So this "Jerry" guy had a plane that could lift 34,392 pounds of gold!
That's a pretty big plane for a little 3,017 by 60 feet asphalt airstrip isn't it?
Jerry flew an Aero commander, owned a helicopter and had a large hanger on his property at that time. He probably owned a skip loader as well. His loot was accumulated over a period of 2 yrs. It was not hauled aboard his plane all at once. When adjusted for inflation his fortune would have doubled by now. Half billion U$. I wish someone would go up there and look. Maybe some have but they haven't reported back.

Attachments

• aero commander.jpg
    aero commander.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 46

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is certainly a possibility. I have contemplated many scenarios since Kellerman related this part of his life to me back in 09. But in the end when lost treasure is contemplated, that is always the case. But right off the bat I am wondering if there are any structures still standing at the air park. I think everything was incinerated and Paradise seems to be on the remote side so even those that I have chatted with that are intrigued lived hours away. At least the area in question is not vast. And the backstory on Jerry is this: he was a covert contract pilot for CIA, up to serious crimes that nearly brought down the Reagan administration. The CIA did not want this to get out after their Contra plans collapsed in the aftermath of the plane (once belonging to Barry Seal) was shot down in Nicaragua. Jerry landed at Edwards Air Force Base and was spirited off by police. If I had been he, I would have never informed the CIA of my home address. And that would have been fine with CIA because they are all about 'plausible deniability.' Jerry vanished into the dust bin of history as far we know. I wrote CIA twice asking basic questions about this guy and the whole story of the missing bundle and didn't even get back a cover letter.
"If I had been he, I would have never informed the CIA of my home address."

I have no skin in the game-so nearly looking in the window so to speak.

Seriously did he reveal his home address to the CIA?

I'm kind of going out on a limb here saying that they must be the most inept agency on the face of this planet if they had not already known his address.
Though I would imagine they might have known a tad more then you'll ever imagine.

It was like a Lockheed Martin fellow stated to me during dinner one evening while cruising on the QMll

"Well Jim I can't get into details-but I can tell you what ever you can view today (meaning via satellite mapping/viewing) we could do that 20 yrs ago.
Now that was 15 yrs ago now-and things are a lot more finely tuned.

So Jerry's underwear colour and size was hung out to dry.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When adjusted for inflation his fortune would have doubled by now. Half billion U$.
If "Jerry" actually had mostly gold the increase would have been quite a bit more. Gold in 1985 was $330 an ounce - today it's more than $1,800 an ounce. That's nearly 5 1/2 times as much.

Jerry's 34,392 pounds of gold would be worth more than 900 million dollars today but it would still weigh more than 17 tons.

On the other hand if he held cash dollars he would have no increase. In fact he would have lost purchasing power. A dollar today is worth about 2/3 less than the mid 1980's - 37 cents. $500,000 saved in 1985 would be worth about $160,000 in purchasing power today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Combat K

Oct 20, 2017
little rock, ark
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, anyway you add it up, if Jerry's cache is still buried on his ten acres near the Paradise air park, it would be immense. Maybe the biggest as yet undiscovered treasure in America today.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"If I had been he, I would have never informed the CIA of my home address."

I have no skin in the game-so nearly looking in the window so to speak.

Seriously did he reveal his home address to the CIA?

I'm kind of going out on a limb here saying that they must be the most inept agency on the face of this planet if they had not already known his address.
Though I would imagine they might have known a tad more then you'll ever imagine.

It was like a Lockheed Martin fellow stated to me during dinner one evening while cruising on the QMll

"Well Jim I can't get into details-but I can tell you what ever you can view today (meaning via satellite mapping/viewing) we could do that 20 yrs ago.
Now that was 15 yrs ago now-and things are a lot more finely tuned.

So Jerry's underwear colour and size was hung out to dry.
They are the ones who gave him his home. heh

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Combat Kelly I told You of the airpark Location, AND Sir I think this Treasure STory CAUSED THE PARADISE DISASTER!!!!!!!!!!!! I had friends who died there from DEW =Directed energy weapons so I am NOT real happy with you.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Combat Kelly I told You of the airpark Location, AND Sir I think this Treasure STory CAUSED THE PARADISE DISASTER!!!!!!!!!!!! I had friends who died there from DEW =Directed energy weapons so I am NOT real happy with you.
Please elaborate... do you know the OP personally ?

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please elaborate... do you know the OP personally ?
Hi ARC, I was corresponding with him about this TREASURE story He was putting out, and I lived in Paradise for a decade, was a Jeweler/ miner and Log truck driver in the area,, also have flown in and out of the tiny up hill strip that you can hardly call an airpark. If you over shoot the runway an 80ft dirt wall welcomes you at The END...

Far as I know that NOW EXECUTED Gov. Newsome absconded with the GOLD. DIRECTED ENERGY WEAPONS are not something anyone can get or use ya Know???

OP
OP
C

Combat K

Oct 20, 2017
little rock, ark
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

OP
OP
C

Combat K

Oct 20, 2017
little rock, ark
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you saying I personally caused the horrible Paradise conflagration because I passed along a story heard in prison over a decade ago? As to the cause of that fire I have pondered a possible link to CIA but really doubt it. The story of the Treasure of Paradise and Jerry Strickland began in the middle 1980's which makes it ancient history to the spook community. And the spook community most probably did away with Jerry (although we don't know that for sure!) simply because he knew to much. The CIA denied involvement in the crack epidemic in the black community decades ago and still do. That means of course they had a hand in it. Still Mr. Goldfinger, I didn't start that fire or kill your friends.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions