Frogs dont snuggle!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Frogs don't snuggle!

Went from top to bottom of privy #4 today; the soil inside was moist all the way down, so I didn't sift it all (yet). This privy was only filled about five feet (out of eight), and the dirt was easy to dig. About a foot down, I came to the first interesting find of the day: two small frogs huddled together in hibernation! Since I don't take the camera out with me, all I'll ever have is the memory :wink:. I hope they were able to find more suitable quarters. Near the bottom of the pit I started to find lots of small bottles; after they're cleaned, I'll do a group shot. Unfortunately, no blue today :'(. I did a little sifting late and came out with the whiter marble and this miner's tag(?); the cool part about it is that, not only does it have a number, there is a name on the other side. So, Mr. A E Jones, of Wampum, PA, how did this get to the bottom of a privy? Was it, in fact, your privy? Why were you using Mrs. Smith's privy? Okay, just mindless speculation for my own amusement :wink:. Weather permitting, Kiros32 and I are supposed to continue our privial pursuit tomorrow!

Attachments

• Jones\'tag 001 (Small).jpg
    Jones\'tag 001 (Small).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 547
  • Jones\'tag 002 (Small).jpg
    Jones\'tag 002 (Small).jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 553
  • Jones\'tag 003 (Small).jpg
    Jones\'tag 003 (Small).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 556
Upvote 0

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Frogs don't snuggle!

privial pursuit :laughing9: nothin stinks about those finds ;D :thumbsup:

S

seger98

Cool stuff, I wonder if you could get your hands on an abstract or go to the county court house and find if Mr Jones did in fact own the property! :icon_scratch:

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice finds. Congrats.....

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds. There's one of those tags again! Did everybody decide these are tool tags, lumber tags, miner's tags, or what?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions