T

TnTom

Dec 27, 2013
Woodbury Tn
Detector(s) used
don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings from the south east corner. You got civil stuff "out the wazoo" over there. Woodbury and McMinnville. I used to come over there to hunt many years ago. I was once in a place called Hill's Cove and it had a historic marker. We were reading the marker and I got a detector out of our car and checked the ground right there and hells bells dug a few bullets right at the marker. It shocked the people with me. :headbang:

Its making me crazy not having a detector but Ill survive so I did the second best thing just started exploring some ridge tops and am finding great places Ill be coming back to. Your neck of the woods has always been one of may favorite parts of the state. My family on my Dads side is from there and he and my Uncle and Great Grandfather and his wife are all buried in the Veterans Cemetery there. I visited it for the first time last summer and those hallowed grounds speak to you. Used to visit Chattanooga as a child during the summer and my Uncle was in LE there for 20 plus years.

Maybe when I get some equipment I could lure you on up here and show you places we do some good digging. I've found an old cave and a friend has told me of one he found that might be great to search.

One thing I had the opportunity to do last summer when I was there (I did some work for V.W. when they were setting up the new plant) was discover some fine finger licking dining. Chattanooga sure has some culture, i loved my time there.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I told a story about Woodbury not long ago. Had a friend with a soldiers diary and he stayed in Woodbury. We came over there to find where they camped. Located the spot , I knocked on the door and an old widow came to the door with a baseball bat behind her back. She granted permission to hunt and came outside after she came to the conclusion we were good men. By Lunch time she was laughing with us and invited all 4 of us in to have lunch with her. We never really found the camp.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread