Frustration level 10

Nugget hunter

Dec 26, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys. Newbie here. I actually bought a whites detector 10-15 years ago and it was stolen with my car. Never even opened the box. I now have a son that is interested so I ordered 2 garret detectors. Ace 150and 250. This was soo much humming and hawing ,the reasearch ,the time .the money.. I'm a fly fisherman and I quite often hit the rivers and lakes .i thought it would be nice to have a side hobby while in the hills. Now I'm reading about people may have claims on these rivers? Then there's the bc map of claims that is as good as our government. Had I realized the bull crap involved , I never would of ordered the detectors. I will try them on the lakes and rivers I fish , but I'm not looking at any stupid government map that's is like Chinese to understand.i only have a iPad mini and government websites don't seem to like apple. Does anyone no where a good spot is to do some legal nugget hunting? I'm in delta bc .
I'm guessing the beech will be our first location this time of year
Cheers.

Upvote 0

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet! You've found a great group of people here! Ask any questions and I also flyfish!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Nugget Hunter! My first piece of advice is to find a gold prospecting club near you. You can learn from others at an accelerated pace. Second, and this will be tough to take, but you need different metal detectors for gold nuggets. The two Garrett machines you have are worthless for nugget hunting. Do some more research, and Good Luck!

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
76D07A75-1C6B-4DCF-BE2A-F187D93F82B9.jpeg

Attachments

• E8027DE7-EE7D-42C2-8845-04DB91219B32.jpeg
    E8027DE7-EE7D-42C2-8845-04DB91219B32.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We don't have gold here in Arcanslaw but I know your first mistake was buying a Whites, your second mistake was buying a Garrett and your third mistake was buying another Garrett. Sorry for the hard truth, but it'll save you a lot of trouble up front. Those are more for hunting coins and such in your yard and likely won't even hit on small gold.

I recommend checking around to see if there are any local prospecting clubs around and learning from those guys before you spend any more hard earned cash.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Nugget Hunter,

Welcome to the forum!

The two machines you purchased will give you and your son hours of fun looking for coins and jewelry in parks, schools...etc. Unfortunately, for the hunting you want to participate in they are virtually useless. You will need machines designed for that specific task. You will need to do a little research on the proper equipment, cost and places to hunt. I wish you luck.

GL & HH

Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread