What's new

Full hammered at last

robfinds

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
3,531
Reaction score
4,422
Golden Thread
5
Location
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Well only saying yesterday, had not found a full hammered in a while. Then this afternoon one finally turns up. A nice 14th century Edwardian penny. Also had a milled sixpence worn nearly flat. One side with the letters I W, engraved on it. The other find is a medieval lead token. Robert.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7600.webp
    IMG_7600.webp
    176.8 KB · Views: 178
Upvote 52
Good finds,
Congrats
 
Beautiful old coin.
 
There are still full ones to find! Congrats!
 
Very nice bud. Nice to see you back in the swing
 
Congratulations on the nice hammered!
 
Nice find! Congrats! :D
 
Here's a picture of the hammered coin, straightened a little. It's either Edward I ( 1279-1307) or Edward II (1307-27). The mint is Canterbury. Robert.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7601.webp
    IMG_7601.webp
    84.9 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_7602.webp
    IMG_7602.webp
    85.2 KB · Views: 119
Congratz! I don't know anything about hammered coins, but it looks awesome and must be rare! The medieval token is interesting too!
 
Congratz! I don't know anything about hammered coins, but it looks awesome and must be rare! The medieval token is interesting too!
It's a nice hammered due to the condition. It's almost certainly though fairly common. Edward I produced millions of pennies, most types fairly common.
 
I believe that obv legend can only be ED I;EDWARR ANGL DNS HYB
 
Very nice Rob - glad to see you back on the hammered trail.
 
NICE DANG FINDS ...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom