What's new

Funky Old Knife

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got it at a yard sale . It looks hand made , the handle is brass up by the blade & on the end .
I'm not sure what the red wafers are made of yet . How old ?

It is very solid & tight . I can't find any maker's mark .
 

Attachments

  • DSCF3772.webp
    DSCF3772.webp
    882 KB · Views: 250
  • DSCF3774.webp
    DSCF3774.webp
    817.2 KB · Views: 232
  • DSCF3775.webp
    DSCF3775.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 210
Ahhhh no it won't increase the value if you clean the blade up.Youll be removing patina.Same as sharpening it,you butcher any value that it may have.
 
Upvote 0
Heavens NO...
Don't clean it other than a light scrubbing with a plastic brush and soapy water.
The value is in the age and if you make look new the it's just that ...
An old looking NEW knife.
 
Upvote 0
OK , I won't .
 
Upvote 0
Saw a very similar one to this over the weekend.
 
Upvote 0
That's cool. Don't run with it as mama always said.:occasion14:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom