What's new

Funny kids

abeach01

Jr. Member
Joined
May 9, 2010
Messages
60
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
1
Location
USA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXCALIBUR X10
As we all know kids are attracted to us like a magnet when we detect. They like to dig for us, swim right in front of us, bug us, dig into our pouch etc...
I had one last weekend that would not stop walking in front of me and digging for me, so when I went to the shallows he found that it was fun hanging onto my scoop as I drug him across the beach. At least I was able to swing without hitting him so I was good to go I drug him along for 3 rows of 200 feet long rows.
On the the same beach I had a kid get stuck in my wot coil with both legs and was freaking out so he decieded to grab me right in the crotch quite hard, Thank god I had a wetsuit on and was somewhat protected. Kids are funny....
 
Upvote 0
I think I'd be more concerned about the WOT coil getting broken. You have more patience than I do!
 
I agree with John. You have alot more patience that me also. I would have told them to get back. What you have done if he had broken your wires loose from your coil.......Matt
 
I would have freaked out if he got caught in my coil. I am always afraid one of them will get cut on the scoop.
 
I love kids and all, I even wish my son would go with me sometimes out on the hunts....but when I have kids that bother me I just head out to deep water :laughing9:
 
I tell them to get the heck out of my way. I'm not their mommy,their daddy, or their baby sitter. I have a limited amount of time to hunt and I don't want some kid breaking my equipment or getting in my way.

What makes people think their kids can do whatever they want?

Yeah, I'm a mean old man. But I already raised my kids and they never got in the way of strangers doing what strangers do on the beach. Hell, next time I'll just tell them to have a coke on me and point them to the nearest cooler. That ought to be a gas. :headbang:
 
I usually tell the "you're gonna have to back up" usually have to tell them 2 or 3 times....once they follow me out of earshot of Momma i tell them through gritted teeth "GO AWAY!!!"
 
Wack them in the shins a few time's while saying sorry over and over they move!!!! LOL
 
I let them get away with it for a short time untill it gets annoying. Then they see the look in my eye when I say "It's time for you to leave!"
 
I have on a few occasion's had a great kid who asked Very Intelligent questions And were very interested in Metal detecting!!!! And it was a pleasure to answer their question's usually when you spend that much time talking to a kid the parents come over to see why their child is talking to a stranger!!! I always let the parent's Know of there child's interest in detecting!!! HH chug!!
 
Most of the time I can handle a small group, I let them dig a few coins, this will slow them down And most will not follow you out of there parents sight..........but when I get the midtone of gold with the excal, I gotta take those.......the last couple years I just say, I can't hear you, and I can't because of the Peltors Headphones
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom