What's new

Funny story from my Carib. trip

CASPER-2

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
17,375
Reaction score
20,667
Golden Thread
1
Location
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first night at hotel - a couple we saw walking around the beach and bar - my girlfriend keeps saying they look familiar- finally
at night we sit at the beach bar and grab some conch fritters and this couple comes over and sits just down from us
and once again my GF says "She really looks familiar" so I told her go ask them if they are from up our way. She does and they are from NY - but never came around to our neck of the woods. Well they are friendly and we ended up hanging with them thru out our
stay down there - we had a rental so we offered to take them with us to a few spots so they would not have to pay for a cab.
They saw me in the water hunting and we told them its my hobby and its what I do I vacations and back home. They ask the usual questions - "Do you ever find anything good" " Whats the best thing you've found" etc. The guys wife says "Oh I bought him a detector but he hasn't really used it yet" I figure she got him a Radio shack or beginner Bounty hunter model. They are trying to remember the brand and I throw out the more popular ones - Garrett, Minelab, Whites, and then say Fisher and she says "That's it...its a Fisher" and I asked if they knew what model and she says "It's good on land and water I think" and I ask "Is it a CZ21?" They both say yes.
I tell them that's exactly what Im using. So we talk some more about this and then talk about other things. The next night my gal brings her tablet down and I have her pull up the Fisher Labs home page
http://www.fisherlab.com/wtn-2014/
and turn to page Im on (pg39) and she says that its the catalog
she ordered from and she saw me and remembers Casper ( I was wearing a Casper shirt at the time too) - and she saw the jewelry I found and its reason why she got that machine for him
tongue3.gif
 
Upvote 18
ALSO ...told him if and when he starts detecting - contact me if he has any problems or needs any help
told him I'd give him link to this forum too
 
Wow Cas, you're lucky you didn't cause a wrinkle in the time-space continuum with those circumstances. Cool story
 
Great story. Thanks for the post.
 
That's Casper for you! You rock. Nice to read this happy story first thing in the morning. Thanks, Lisa
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom