Paul Revere’s Ghost
Full Member
Three days of wind and rain cooped up in the house. I was on the beach at 5:59 am today just as the rain ended. I detected my way through the dark to the water line, turned left and first signal was a 13 two bars down on the Elite. Canslaw was what I expected. Turned my headlamp on once it was out of the hole and it was a ring. Took 5 minutes. For the next 6 hours it was canslaw and chump change. I finally figured out it was a fresh drop. I’ve NEVER seen this beach so sanded in. And almost nobody has been swimming.
On the drive home I remembered there was a young lady who came marching onto the beach and straight into the water, on Friday , just before the storm. The surf was ROUGH and the tide was almost high. People were dressed for the chilly weather. But this girl was frolicking and diving, having a party all by herself and I kept thinking, I hope the undertow doesn’t get her. I’m getting too old to rescue anyone. She finally came out as I was leaving. I’m betting she lost this ring. It was barely 2” down. It’s supposed to be in the 70’s this Friday. If I see her I’m going to ask if she lost anything, and if she identifies the makers mark I’ll give it to her. Nor’easters just aren’t what they used to be.
On the drive home I remembered there was a young lady who came marching onto the beach and straight into the water, on Friday , just before the storm. The surf was ROUGH and the tide was almost high. People were dressed for the chilly weather. But this girl was frolicking and diving, having a party all by herself and I kept thinking, I hope the undertow doesn’t get her. I’m getting too old to rescue anyone. She finally came out as I was leaving. I’m betting she lost this ring. It was barely 2” down. It’s supposed to be in the 70’s this Friday. If I see her I’m going to ask if she lost anything, and if she identifies the makers mark I’ll give it to her. Nor’easters just aren’t what they used to be.
Attachments
Upvote
0







