What's new

Fuse holder?

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,710
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend asked me to post this for him. He was told it is part of a projectile fuse. It is 1 9/16" long, 1 1/16" OD at the small end, 1 7/16" OD at the large end, hollow and made of brass. Thanks for any and all help.
 

Attachments

  • fuse 1.webp
    fuse 1.webp
    208.9 KB · Views: 91
  • fuse 2.webp
    fuse 2.webp
    153.3 KB · Views: 80
  • fuse 3.webp
    fuse 3.webp
    342.7 KB · Views: 86
  • fuse 4.webp
    fuse 4.webp
    439.9 KB · Views: 89
Nope. If it was a fuze adapter, the inside would be threaded to hold the fuze in.

Looks more like a plumbing adapter to me.
 
Upvote 0
looks like half of a copper sweat-on (solder) union. Pipe fitting.
 
Upvote 0
OK. I'll pass the info along. One minor thing I forgot to mention is the inside of the threaded area is cupped.
 
Upvote 0
agree definitely half a union
 
Upvote 0
Being brass, I’d say it was the bottom half of a grease cup.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1529275718.883887.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
the small end is not apparently threaded internally or externally as would be necessary to connect it to a bearing housing if it were a grease cup. I bet if you scrape inside the small end, you will find some residual solder.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom