Future Trends

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think the Equinox is going to replace any of the flagship detectors, honestly. I will likely be purchasing one, but my E-Trac will not be going anywhere.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't see how the equinox is going to replace the ctx 3030, but hey I could be wrong.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you ever wanted to swing the CTX 3030 or E-Trac, just wait about 8 months and I foresee the market being flooded with used ones when the new Equinox is released. Right now you can see many AT Pros for sale due to the release of the AT Max.

The Equinox has piqued my interest and that's saying something, being I am a die hard First Texas (Fisher) guy.

+1

Im not easily fooled by sales talk and pre release hype.....that said..... It pretty much ticks every box on most guys detector wish list. I too am a die hard Fisher fan, but started with minelab and recently got an old ( mint condition) sovereign. After a short while on the beach with the sovereign it all came back to me.
I'm by no means a detector collector but I love the Fisher F75 and have so many hours on it that I can read it like a book. The comfort and battery life are exceptional. The Sovereign cost $145 and eats up the beach.... so I definately won't be getting rid of either of these detectors.
I have been saving for a sea hunter or surf pro PI unit, but now the price difference between these and the equinox is hardly worth it.
The price point is the key here as far as Im concerned. A very clever move by minelab if they can pull it off.

Chub

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of future trends... what IS FTP up to ???

Chub

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
CTX is $2000... my marketing sensibilities make me think that a crafty company like Minelab would not replace two expensive machines with a cheaper alternative.

As long as the ML guys don't get Deus's, I am safe... whew...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread