What's new

G R lock swing plate

IowaDigger

Greenie
Joined
Mar 1, 2013
Messages
15
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
I found this today in the same area where I’ve found 2 colonial-era flat buttons and the Hudson Bay Company beaver token I shared recently. Sand/gravel bar, eastern Iowa. I think it’s a lock swing plate. It’s marked with a crown and G R, and I assume PATENT but it almost looks like the P is missing and the last T is an upside down L. It’s crudely and unevenly made; looks handmade to me. The markings almost look hand-embossed. I assume the G R is George Rex, I just wondered if anyone has any idea from the markings or style which George
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2212.webp
    IMG_2212.webp
    4.2 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_2213.webp
    IMG_2213.webp
    2.7 MB · Views: 64
Upvote 7
I found this today in the same area where I’ve found 2 colonial-era flat buttons and the Hudson Bay Company beaver token I shared recently. Sand/gravel bar, eastern Iowa. I think it’s a lock swing plate. It’s marked with a crown and G R, and I assume PATENT but it almost looks like the P is missing and the last T is an upside down L. It’s crudely and unevenly made; looks handmade to me. The markings almost look hand-embossed. I assume the G R is George Rex, I just wondered if anyone has any idea from the markings or style which George
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom