What's new

GAR flag holder

Qball

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2013
Messages
311
Reaction score
603
Golden Thread
0
Location
northern California
Detector(s) used
nox 800 xp deus, CTX, etrac,T2, gonkulator
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GAR.webp
GAR flag holder
I do volunteer maintenance for our rural cemetery and found this Grand Army Of The republic flag holder when probing for fallen tombstones. we have many union civil war veterans buried in our old bone orchard and I am told that it has been some 40 years since one of these markers have been found. Just lucky I guess
 
Upvote 20
That's a really nice recovery, something that we'd never find up in these parts. Congrats
 
View attachment 2058228GAR flag holder
I do volunteer maintenance for our rural cemetery and found this Grand Army Of The republic flag holder when probing for fallen tombstones. we have many union civil war veterans buried in our old bone orchard and I am told that it has been some 40 years since one of these markers have been found. Just lucky I guess
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!! Be Nice to have that put back up!!
 
I assume it will need some preservative on the pole to protect it from further rust. Nice find - congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom