What's new

Garda pulling silver

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2009
Messages
1,024
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
A bank i get 2 boxes every month or so [and they like me] swears garda told them they pull silver. I listen to this debate regularly and dont know the answer but 1 box was a skunk and the other had 3 40%ers
 
Upvote 0
TD Banks uses Brinks here and about a year ago some people must abused the system because I can no longer order boxes of halves from them (I can buy quarters, dimes, nickles, and pennies no problems).

The banks I order halves from uses Garda and so far knock on wood been very luck getting WL's, Ben's, 64's, and a very nice spread of 40% in the boxes.

I agree lets put this to rest!
 
quiksilver said:
joad said:
Round these parts everybody and their brothers are dumping at TD which uses Garda as their coin processing service. Also, Penny Arcade rejects silver coin. This would probably be the main reason Garda boxes are silver slim...at least where TD banks are prevelant. Just a thought...

Joad

Good to learn about who TD uses. As for rejecting silver it is mostly true but not always as i have seen silver [in the half bags ] on occasion.

Here TD uses Brinks. And the Penny will take silver halves, but not dimes or quarters.
 
markmopar said:
quiksilver said:
joad said:
Round these parts everybody and their brothers are dumping at TD which uses Garda as their coin processing service. Also, Penny Arcade rejects silver coin. This would probably be the main reason Garda boxes are silver slim...at least where TD banks are prevelant. Just a thought...

Joad

Good to learn about who TD uses. As for rejecting silver it is mostly true but not always as i have seen silver [in the half bags ] on occasion.

Here TD uses Brinks. And the Penny will take silver halves, but not dimes or quarters.

I would think that they reject based on weight.
 
A little interesting thing about this.

I use to work for Brinks but i now work for Garda.

I worked at Brinks for a good three years and now i work at Garda. been there for four months now.
I have been a messenger for the time that i have been an armed carrier.

I will tell you this. Brinks and Garda does not pull silver coins of any kind. It is against company policy. It is classified as personal solicitation or some crap like that.

but that does not stop me from ordering boxes, or buying the coins from teller trays. :-)

On average i round up about 7-15 silver coins per day. That is dimes quarters halfs and dollars.

I can tell you this also i have purchased a $50 Gold Eagle from a bank that i frequently pick up. The teller held it for me.
 
apersonel, you have the knowledge sought after by many inquiring minds on this board. Do the processing companies view crh as a cash cow (via delivery fees) or a hindrance? Is crh discussed often amongst your peers? Are you familiar with how halves are processed in the sorting facility? Also, if you would, please provide your general work location (state). Many thanks in advance- $nack
 
It is viewed as a cash cow to the company but an annoyance to the messengers.

And I am familiar with how they are processed. They are weighed then thrown in coin machines to be rerolled or bagged. Silver Coins are not kicked out of the machine nor are they pulled by the employees. They are simply rerolled or bagged.
 
It is viewed as a cash cow to the company but an annoyance to the messengers.

And I am familiar with how they are processed. They are weighed then thrown in coin machines to be rerolled or bagged. Silver Coins are not kicked out of the machine nor are they pulled by the employees. They are simply rerolled or bagged.
Are these bags delivered to banks or put on a pallet to be shipped to a Federal Reserve Bank?
 
apersonel, thanks for the insight. As for the sorting facility, are the boxes arranged on a pallet? Also, when collected halves from bank pickups come into the sorting facility, are they the first ones to go out or does Brinks/ Garda rotate stock? Also please comment on the amount of halves, on average, stored in the sorting facilities.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom