Garda pulling silver

F

Farchaus2k

4 days?? I give it 2 days before it's brought up again (even with the loss of Saint N8).

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tuleja said:
If Brinks takes out the copper pennies, they do a horrible job by me. Brinks is the only boxes I can get around here and I average 25%-30% copper. I have heard the rumor they do it locally in some areas, but not nationally. But until verified, I will keep it as a rumor.

One of the tellers at a bank I get 3 boxes of pennies from every week asked me what I look for in penny boxes. She said the Brinks driver questioned why she orders so many pennies, after telling him she has a customer who searches pennies, he stated that "I wouldn't find anything in them, Brinks sorts all the good stuff out of them".

I'm still trying to figure out what good stuff they sort out, I have excellent copper percentages, do well with wheats, and had 2 indian heads during the Super Bowl week earlier this month. Those are all the things I would classify in pennies as the good stuff.
please read the thread title, we are talking about culling SILVER(AG) not Copper(CU)

tuleja

Greenie
Jan 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buffalo Boy, I did read the title, and my comment fit perfectly for the previous statement in this tread.

BRINK'S
They only take the copper pennies out. Nothing else.

That comment was talking about Copper(CU) not silver (AG).

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Please be nice to Loomis and Dunbar.

They are some of my favorite slaves.

After I mine the silver, they move the overburden (clads) and take it away.

But if you even get near one of those guards, you will probably be shot full of more holes than the back of a box of halves.

They get kind of touchy moving my clad, because I don't leave very much silver for them to pull.

Keep on Rollin' !

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tuleja said:
Buffalo Boy, I did read the title, and my comment fit perfectly for the previous statement in this tread.

BRINK'S

That comment was talking about Copper(CU) not silver (AG).
:munky2: :munky2: :munky2:

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Round these parts everybody and their brothers are dumping at TD which uses Garda as their coin processing service. Also, Penny Arcade rejects silver coin. This would probably be the main reason Garda boxes are silver slim...at least where TD banks are prevelant. Just a thought...

Joad

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farchaus2k said:
UPDATE

This morning I called up Brink's, Garda, Loomis, and Dunbar. Here is what they told me:

BRINK'S

GARDA
They pull all silver halves they find. Sometimes as a gift to loyal customers they leave (3) 40% halves in a box.

LOOMIS
They pull all War Nickels and Buffalo Nickels. Nothing else.

DUNBAR
They pull all silver dimes. Nothing else.

I hope this helps. Please print this out and save it as a guide when you place your orders.

Did you really call them?

F

Farchaus2k

Yes, I called them all. Just in case you all missed it here is what I was told:

BRINK'S

GARDA
They pull all silver halves they find. Sometimes as a gift to loyal customers they leave (3) 40% halves in a box.

LOOMIS
They pull all War Nickels and Buffalo Nickels. Nothing else.

DUNBAR
They pull all silver dimes. Nothing else.

They all asked that I please spread the word around as well.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it would be the height of foolishness to approach a courier. Common sense people.

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
namster said:
Yes, it would be the height of foolishness to approach a courier. Common sense people.
Isn't it also foolish to buy boxes and boxes of coins in hopes of finding silver?

I obviously would not approach a truck, however, I do see the guy picking up coins from a local cafeteria and that is very non threatening if I happen to be already in the cafe when he comes in. Also, as I have stated before, my mother works in the banking field. I can just get her to talk to the Loomis driver that delivers for her-
But yes, the may not know a thing...

OP
OP
Q

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
joad said:
Round these parts everybody and their brothers are dumping at TD which uses Garda as their coin processing service. Also, Penny Arcade rejects silver coin. This would probably be the main reason Garda boxes are silver slim...at least where TD banks are prevelant. Just a thought...

Joad

Good to learn about who TD uses. As for rejecting silver it is mostly true but not always as i have seen silver [in the half bags ] on occasion.

ScottNVAB

May 22, 2011
Ahm, no. Penny does NOT always reject silver. I was at a branch a few weeks ago and the bag
was loaded. And yes, the teller let me exchange coin for coin, so I got them. I can assure you they were IN THE BAG.
One more thing. TD will not typically do this for you. If you ask, the answer will 99.9999% of time be NO!

I just have a connection via work, so they let me.

_SC

joad said:

Joad

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i went to pick up some boxes they drove up and i talked to them. I ask them who rolled. And the same day another truck was picking up coins. He did'nt know anything. :BangHead: :tongue3: ???

BCD11

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone know if there's any basis to this...

Re: Fed Reserve rolled pennies/coppers removed?
by highroller4321 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:47 pm

Well I suppose I should shed some light on the topic....

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know about so information I have come across.

A very wealthy guy.from North Carolina. who I guess is in the investment business has made a deal with coinstar to buy $5,000,000 FACE VALUE in copper pennies. Yes, that is 1,666.66 TONS! He has made a contract with them for them to supply him with $5 MILLION face value over the next 2 years. (Yes, I said FIVE MILLION DOLLARS FACE VALUE)

Besides none of us getting the order the biggest kick in the pants is that he is only paying coinstar $65,000 over face value. 1.013x face.

I believe Brinks will be doing the sorting for coinstar. I am not sure if the investor has to pay brinks or not. Brinks has a machine called a supersorter that can sort out copper....they just have to turn the switch on.

I am not sure where they were going to start but I guess they have started in NC. Copper Catcher I'm sure will chime in and verify this...

The time is going to be coming sooner than we think that percentages will be under 10%!

http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9826&hilit=contract+coinstar

F

Farchaus2k

This was brought up a couple days ago. It is nothing more than 4th hand rumors from another forum.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:dontknow:
n8dagr8345 said:
namster said:
Isn't it also foolish to buy boxes and boxes of coins in hopes of finding silver?

I obviously would not approach a truck, however, I do see the guy picking up coins from a local cafeteria and that is very non threatening if I happen to be already in the cafe when he comes in. Also, as I have stated before, my mother works in the banking field. I can just get her to talk to the Loomis driver that delivers for her-
But yes, the may not know a thing...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread