Garden in winter

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Below is a shot of my garden area and cabin covered in snow. Quite a difference from the photos I posted last summer of the same area. I’m still digging nice carrots and beets. Snow here on the coast,in the redwood region, is pretty rare.
AE6B9E38-E8A9-4CD4-985E-A637FB25E31E.jpeg

Here is a picture of a spruce tree in the pasture out back. What’s unique about it is; it’s not real tall or old, but the limbs are truly amazing. The tree is probably about 80’ tall, but the lower limbs must be 40’ to 50’ long. The longest limbs I’ve ever seen. On the left is a young stand of cedars, to the right are redwood stump shoots.
3438D78F-D23B-4740-8498-E3BC5F9DF490.jpeg

Stay warm my friends,
Mike

OP
OP
delnorter

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Below is a shot of my garden area and cabin covered in snow. Quite a difference from the photos I posted last summer of the same area. I’m still digging nice carrots and beets. Snow here on the coast,in the redwood region, is pretty rare.
View attachment 2070978
Here is a picture of a spruce tree in the pasture out back. What’s unique about it is; it’s not real tall or old, but the limbs are truly amazing. The tree is probably about 80’ tall, but the lower limbs must be 40’ to 50’ long. The longest limbs I’ve ever seen. On the left is a young stand of cedars, to the right are redwood stump shoots.
View attachment 2070982
Stay warm my friends,
Mike
Here's that same spruce this evening after a day of snow. Limbs are much lower.
IMG_0316.JPG

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2070978
View attachment 2070982
Stay warm my friends,
Mike
Beautiful Norway spruce
We have several also.
Always a nice sight
Stay warm

Attachments

• 21785891-DE2C-4462-847C-99F387A58B80.jpeg
    21785891-DE2C-4462-847C-99F387A58B80.jpeg
    857.1 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
delnorter

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bill, good to hear from you. The photo of the spruce in the pasture is a Sitka Spruce. The common native spruce along the northern pacific coast.

In this area (Del Norte County) we have another very rare species of spruce. It’s the Brewers Spruce, of the local Siskiyou Mountains. The only small place in this country in which it grows. Very unusual looking the way the branches droop low.
Mike

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike
Thanks for sharing the information on the trees
I hope to visit California one day
Bill

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Shot of my winter garden for ya Mike.
Tomato's,cabbage,bokchoi,carrot, broccoli,onion,garlic,beets.

My outside garden isn't doin very good this year, to many bugs last fall hoppers did me in..
Thankfull to have green house I can control pest easier...
Be planting my spring garden outside in a week or so...
Have good day .
Gt...

20230228_121008.jpg

OP
OP
delnorter

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, just fantastic Herb. A lot of good food there. That’s my kind of space. Thanks for the photos Herb.
show more as the outside one progresses.
Mike

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Will do that Mike
Hoping to geter tilled this week, I'm still puney from the pneumonia.
Operating the 50 year old Troy built horse model is a little scary.
Might be behind planting a week or so..
Better than running over myself with out of control horse.....
Herb

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread