What's new

garrett AT Pro or garrett 1350 which one

littlebear

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
64
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Elgin Texas
Detector(s) used
white 5900/DI Pro
Garrett GTA 1000 ultra
anybody using the AT Pro and has anyone used it around salt water beaches. Between the AT Pro and the 1350 which would you get. coin, relic, and some salt water beaches. Ive been so many different storey's don't know who to believe anymore????????????
thanks
 
littlebear said:
anybody using the AT Pro and has anyone used it around salt water beaches. Between the AT Pro and the 1350 which would you get. coin, relic, and some salt water beaches. Ive been so many different storey's don't know who to believe anymore????????????
thanks
the AT Pro is probably the ONLY Garrett i would buy....if u are looking for gold you absolutely need something that spits back a vdi number UNLESS you plan on digging every piece of foil,can slaw, pulltab, you name it out there. The rest of the Garrett line up simply displays a 'lighted block' under what it believes the target to be---problem with this is that several target profiles appear within each individual block. pulltabs and most gold rings have a very narrow vdi separation that usually cannot be adequately discerned with a 'block' style id system
 
I love the AT Pro for everything I've used it for so far. I haven't been to a saltwater beach, yet. I'll be in Galveston next week to check it there.
 
Thanks for the info Its just you here so much about you got to get thisone or you got to buy thisone. Its really gets old and gets to the point everybody turns in to a salesman for no matter what he or she has. Ive sent my 5900 DI Pro off two weeks ago and have not herd anything but they got it on the 12th. After a while using it it would go crazy on trying to ground balance it was inpossiable, White said they never herd of a 5900 doing that???????? the Treasure net proves that some people have had that problem so who do you believe the plant or folks that use them not sell them? Thanks for all the help I think ill try to find a At Pro sounds like what I want .Please let me know how it does at the beach. Keep digging dirt & Happy Holiday's to all
 
At Pro , new technology , that seems to be out of this world for the Price ,
 
Im hereing this a lot think the at pro is what ill set my eyes on. thanks for all the help
 
Don't know about the pro because i've never owned one. I had an ace 250 and thought I would be upgrading when I got my 1350. IMO the 250 is eqaul to the 1350. The graphic profiling is not all it's cracked up to be. Both good at detecting but the 1350 is not $250 better.
 
Hope everybody had a safe newyear. I found a used GTA Ultra 1000 and bought it. Got it in last week and been playing around in the front pasture ( I live in the middle of noware) I was surprised how accurate it is. Not quite use to it yet but its in-pressed me to the point after 5 whites my next machine will be the AT Pro Ive not herd one bad thing about it. Whites has had my 5900 DI pro seance the 13th and still no word about it. I know its the Holiday's but this seams like a long time or maybe that's the way it is suppose to be Ive never had to send one of the whites back. I could not believe the weight difference on how it effects my back injury and my arm the 3 pounds is GREAT I love it maybe a little old technicality and as soon as I find out what coils will work with it more fun. Everybody be safe and thanks for the info///////////////////
 
good luck with your gta. my first detector was the gta 1000 and it was and still is a great machince, i still have mine for a backup machine and might consider selling it for the AT pro. i really like the waterproof feature
 
Yes I agree I think Garrett hit a home run with the AT Pro. I think the At Pro will be my next machine. The 5900 DI Pro Is a really good machine It has found Items by following other people In the same tracks they just left. Ive found a piece of a cap gun Almost 2 feet down in red clay Ive dug led from bullets over a foot down. The only thing that happened to me last month was It wouldn't ground level that's why I sent it ti white but I fell off the back of a fire truck in July and screwed up my back and my arm the 5900 just get heavy to me any moreand the 3 pounds on the GTA1000 I can really tell the difference.Ant the water proof part of the AT is one great feature. Just reminder when all else fells just keep digging dirt
 
Salt Water... NEITHER!

There's no huge difference in technology so if you think tweaking a Garrett detector that works horrible in the salt is going to all of a sudden make it good, well there's still bridges for sale for you. The same thing has gone on for years.... a few people on the net that post like crazy about anything new from Garrett, and they do it before they even try the damn thing. It's just common sense the thing is not going to handle the salt like a multi freq., not even close. Don't believe the hype, especially for this one!
 
I got my AT Pro the same day a blizzard arrived so I haven't done too much with it yet but I checked it out a bit and it did pretty good in the snow and the pinpointing and target ID seem to be spot on. Salt I couldn't say, I don't live anywhere near a saltwater beach.
 
AT pro can go into water --up to 10 ft deep -- lots of good finds at the beach are water finds --every detectorist can hunt the beach --but not all can hit the water :wink: :icon_thumright:
 
I 've been following the posts on another forum where the poor guy asked if he should get the AT Pro for salt water work or spend more for a PI or multi-frequency job.

The "Global Moderator" apart from being rather rude and obviously never having used the Garrett was pushing it like mad. I was going to ask why until I noticed at the top of the page a Garrett importer/distributor is a sponsor of the forum.
The poor bloke involved doesn't need the detector until the weather warms up so it was suggested he hang on until bugs are worked out and then he would be able to pick up a near new one cheaper from one of those who can't see the display well if he decided to go ahead with the Garrett. The difference between "will work" on wet salt and "work well" must have escaped this character.

I've tried one and it didn't cut it. I've also advertised to try and find someone who has one in my area JUST in case I tried a dud. When do get hold of another one I'll post the results.
Its got to take the prize for the most hyped detector for years which is a shame as its not bad for its cost in the fields it was designed for.
 
U.K. Brian said:
I 've been following the posts on another forum where the poor guy asked if he should get the AT Pro for salt water work or spend more for a PI or multi-frequency job.

The "Global Moderator" apart from being rather rude and obviously never having used the Garrett was pushing it like mad. I was going to ask why until I noticed at the top of the page a Garrett importer/distributor is a sponsor of the forum.
The poor bloke involved doesn't need the detector until the weather warms up so it was suggested he hang on until bugs are worked out and then he would be able to pick up a near new one cheaper from one of those who can't see the display well if he decided to go ahead with the Garrett. The difference between "will work" on wet salt and "work well" must have escaped this character.

I've tried one and it didn't cut it. I've also advertised to try and find someone who has one in my area JUST in case I tried a dud. When do get hold of another one I'll post the results.
Its got to take the prize for the most hyped detector for years which is a shame as its not bad for its cost in the fields it was designed for.


Yes, if they'd limit the hype to fresh water use they'd probably sell a few less detectors, but keep most of those people happy! I feel like Garrett is a company that is just trying to squeeze out the last few dollars whatever way they can on the same technology. Unfortunately there are people who don't even stand to gain anything who encourage fellow hunters to make a bad choice buying something like the ATP for salt water.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom