What's new

Garrett AT Pro Pointer and Tesoro Silver UMax

CoinsAndThings

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2020
Messages
313
Reaction score
638
Golden Thread
0
Location
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Notka Simplex Ultra
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First post since the introduction. I couldn't find any related posts, so will a new pointer such as the AT Pro Pointer be helpful with my old detector? I'm saving up for the Garrett AT Pro detector, but I figured in the mean time my Tesoro might benefit from a pointer?

Thanks in advance for any umm pointers on this subject.
 
In my opinion - yes a pinpointer is useful, even with an older detector (such as your Tesoro). It is possible that the Pro Pointer would interfere with your Tesoro.
 
In my opinion - yes a pinpointer is useful, even with an older detector (such as your Tesoro). It is possible that the Pro Pointer would interfere with your Tesoro.
Thanks for the reply. So I might need to turn one off while I'm using the other then. A bit awkward but doable.
 
I leave my pinpointer off until I need it. In the past, when a pinpointer didn't play nice with my metal detector, I simply set the metal detector a few feet away when using the pinpointer (and took my headphones off). I do not shut my metal detector off during a hunt.

Garrett sells a pinpointer that can be heard through Garrett's wireless headphones. I don't have that pinpointer, but I do have the wireless headphones from Garrett (with my Apex) - the headphones are fantastic.

If you're planning on buying the AT Pro, you may want to look into the wireless headphones and the pinpointer that works with them.
 
I leave my pinpointer off until I need it. In the past, when a pinpointer didn't play nice with my metal detector, I simply set the metal detector a few feet away when using the pinpointer (and took my headphones off). I do not shut my metal detector off during a hunt.

Garrett sells a pinpointer that can be heard through Garrett's wireless headphones. I don't have that pinpointer, but I do have the wireless headphones from Garrett (with my Apex) - the headphones are fantastic.

If you're planning on buying the AT Pro, you may want to look into the wireless headphones and the pinpointer that works with them.
Thanks for the update. I did some research and my old UMax runs on the same frequency as the Garrett AT Series, so I don't think I'll need to turn it off; just move it a few feet away like you suggest. I'll have to check out the wireless headphones.
Thanks again
 
i would never metal detect without a pin pointer. saves a lot of time. i only turn my pin pointer on when i need to use it. ( after the plug is dug) once i find my target, the pin pointer is turned off.
 
The Garrett pointer should be fine with your Tesoro. I use a Tejon and it worked fine with all the pinpointers I have. If by chance it does get noisy either the pinpointer may start to false (sound off on it's own and not near objects) or it may make the detector false. Just simply move the coil away from the pointer. I also have an AT Pro that works well with all the pointer I have.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom