Garrett At Pro should have to have a warning label

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The At Pro needs to have a warning label that it will spoil even the most hard core detectorist. Today I only had one good signal and dug this 1897 Barber. I feel kind of let down. This is also the 4th 1800 dated coin this MONTH. Before the At Pro that would be several years worth. Thanks for looking
Happy Hunting to you all
MackDog

Photo on 6-1-14 at 12.46 PM.jpgPhoto on 6-1-14 at 12.46 PM #2.jpg

Upvote 7
What a terrible ordeal to go thru. Lol. Another coin on my wish list.

I hear you! Once I got my Pro, it basically drained my good spots of all finds lol!

Nice dime

I've found coins in parks that have been hunted by various machines for over 35 years because of the AT pro.:thumbsup: Almost everything has been pulled from these parks. :dontknow: Every year the AT pro finds things in area's I've been over and over, many others have been over too. :icon_scratch: The At pro's are a hound, if you know what your doing. :headbang: You can find coins mixed with any size piece of Iron, coins mixed with just about anything. Because the Iron Audio and Target Separation is awesome !! I can't not say good things about the AT pro !! People really don't understand until they have used one... 8-)

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

I hear ya on that! My avatar pic is from a "hunted out spot" people think the atpro is an average machine, I beg to differ, im on silver #24 in a short 2 1/2 months! Ive found more keepers so far this year than all last yr. I got my ATP last fathers day

my tally so far this year is:

24 silvers including 3 barbers and 1 1889 seated dime
17 indians
6 large coppers
110+ wheats
4 buffs and 1 v nickel
a 14k mens ring found n returned
and a TON of cool relics!

I love this atpro!

congrats on your barber!!!!!:occasion14:

I hear you! Once I got my Pro, it basically drained my good spots of all finds lol!

Nice dime

Yeah but now we cash drain everyone else's

I hear ya on that! My avatar pic is from a "hunted out spot" people think the atpro is an average machine, I beg to differ, im on silver #24 in a short 2 1/2 months! Ive found more keepers so far this year than all last yr. I got my ATP last fathers day

my tally so far this year is:

24 silvers including 3 barbers and 1 1889 seated dime
17 indians
6 large coppers
110+ wheats
4 buffs and 1 v nickel
a 14k mens ring found n returned
and a TON of cool relics!

I love this atpro!

congrats on your barber!!!!!:occasion14:

That's what I'm talking about. People who dis the Pro didn't take time to learn it. I've dug coins to 13" and thats as deep as my screwdriver can reach

That's what I'm talking about. People who dis the Pro didn't take time to learn it. I've dug coins to 13" and thats as deep as my screwdriver can reach

Oh yeah ive been in the 10 to 12 inch range before, heck last yr I got a lc at over 12, I use pro mode, iron audio on, discrimination at 35. Nothing like that faint whisper in the mid to upper 80s at 10+" usually means a killer find and a deep one at that!

I just got an Ace 350 last week for $300. The AT Pro was another $300. Did I waste my money on the Ace 350? Am I going to be missing a lot of silver? I haven't found silver with it yet, but it's only been a week, and 2 outings.

Nice dime congrats!

Bulrus- it's all about getting your coil over the silver and "knowing" what your machine is telling you.
Example, I could have told you from sound alone on my old detector if it was a quarter, dime, nickel, or penny, iron, or other trash from sound alone, I can't do that yet with my new one, because I don't have enough time in with it yet,I don't hunt as often as I want to.

Not to worry bulrush I have a step lower than you ace 250 and found lots of silver and even some gold!:thumbsup:

I just got an Ace 350 last week for $300. The AT Pro was another $300. Did I waste my money on the Ace 350? Am I going to be missing a lot of silver? I haven't found silver with it yet, but it's only been a week, and 2 outings.
You should find silver at around 4 to 5 inches the deeper stuff you will probably miss. The ACE 350 should get you down to at least the six inch stuff. You may not find the really deep stuff. I started with a cheap BFO machine in the 70's and let it pay for the next machine. The more you use your machine the better you'll get with it. The AT Pro is an awesome machine but for someone first starting out it may be too much to understand by yourself. If you do real well and like your 350 the Pro is like a coninuation up, it acts about the same but has a few more features. Enjoy what you have and see if you like the hobby. By the way not finding silver every trip is not unheard of. Happy Hunting
MackDog

I've got the Ace 250 and I've found many silver coins and Sterling silver jewelry in the 5 to 8 inch range. And my two oldest silver coins are from 1776 and 1784, so you can find the old stuff with the Ace 250.

The ace series is a great starter. I also have found tiny objects 5-8" my deepest silver yet is in the 6" range. The ATPro is my next machine. I have too many sites loaded with iron that would take screens and a backhoe to clean out. This is where the ace series fails along with heavy gravel and water. If your looking for relics, max the sensitivity and run all metal. The machine will lie but relic hunting it really dont matter. Coin shooting I run no higher than a 4 on sensitivity to keep it from lying to me. Sometimes for fun I will run max sensitivity then drop it off as I get a good target if it stays on what its saying I dig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back