Garrett at pro

Is it true that it's not good in ocean water? ?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

My limited experience with salt water was somewhat frustrating at best. I manually ground balanced and lowered the sensitivity like some here had advised and it will work. However, it will false like crazy near the surf and if you bump the coil on the wet sand! However, it's no secret that most if not all single frequency machines will have this problem though! Again, I have limited time in and near the salt water so good luck if you go!

Hummm! Thanks! Its the saltwater issue that keeps me from making my decision..

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

I have never had a problem with mine in the salt water, but I have not hunted on a beach with black sand. That being said if your looking for a salt water only detector for the beach there are much better detectors made for that purpose. If you looking for a land detector that you will occasionally take to the beach the ATPro will work great for you. You need two totally different detectors for each task if you want the best of both worlds.

thanks for the post guys im new here and have been thinking of getting a AT pro and you have helped me I think make a decision

Great detector when you learn how to use it! Got to have more than one in the quiver! This is one of them!

I have never had a problem with mine in the salt water, but I have not hunted on a beach with black sand. That being said if your looking for a salt water only detector for the beach there are much better detectors made for that purpose. If you looking for a land detector that you will occasionally take to the beach the ATPro will work great for you. You need two totally different detectors for each task if you want the best of both worlds.

Great post here too!

Anyone with questions feel free to holler. I will explain the Garrett AT Pro and how to help it hunt in the salt better. Plus get you a nice T-Net discount ;)

I've got a ? The AT Pro was my first machine and I'm still learning but can some one explain to me in the simplest of terms what exactly the iron audio is used for Do you turn it on and it tells you its Iron so you don't dig is? Thanks in advance!

I bought my AT Pro at the beginning of the season and have had the best year ever detecting and I have been swinging a coil for 30 years! As a matter of fact I bought a second one just in case anything ever happens to my other one. I have 150 hours on mine now and feel extremely comfortable with it.

I bought the at pro this summer......put down my eldorado umax and began learning the pro.....it's not turning back now! I have found many coins I wouldn't have dug since going to a metered machine. It works best for me with the 5x8 coil. Now I lend out my tesoro to friends who wanna get into detecting and keep my pro for me me me.......
Go for it!

I bought a second one as a back up, but my first one hasn't let me down

I've got a ? The AT Pro was my first machine and I'm still learning but can some one explain to me in the simplest of terms what exactly the iron audio is used for Do you turn it on and it tells you its Iron so you don't dig is? Thanks in advance!

When you turn on iron audio and swing over a target you will hear the low iron grunt if there is iron present. You can also use it to ID bottle caps as they will grunt and crack. Larger iron signals ring in as silver some times and iron audio will let you hear the iron in the target.

Thanks alot guys yall have helped me make my choice. Time to put the tesoro on the back burner and give the at a try .

I don't have any experience with the AT Pro with saltwater,
But if you can overlook what most consider trivial, such as the lack of a backlit display and volume control, it's a solid performer.

The Iron audio is great!

Also, grab a 5x8 coil! Once you use it, you won't go back to the stock one!

Another coil to get for it would be the sniper coil you can get up close and personal around pipes without it going off unless you are practically bumping the pipe like in the tot lots. I have the AT gold, basically same machine and I love mine.

Great detector when you learn how to use it! Got to have more than one in the quiver! This is one of them!

I have a question about my AT Pro. When I get a hit on a target sometimes my PP maxes out and stays maxed out even when I move the coil away from the target. I then try to ground balance it again and hit the PP again and it stays maxed out. Can you tell me why this happens? I am using the PRO on the treasure coast on wet and dry sand. Thanks in advance.

Well i did it !!!! I retired the tesoro and bought me a garrett at. I have been in the yard playing for the last hour and i have learned in that hour that i love it and cant wait till this weekend to break it in right!!! Thanks for all the input guys.

I have a question about my AT Pro. When I get a hit on a target sometimes my PP maxes out and stays maxed out even when I move the coil away from the target. I then try to ground balance it again and hit the PP again and it stays maxed out. Can you tell me why this happens? I am using the PRO on the treasure coast on wet and dry sand. Thanks in advance.

My apologies about my slow response! I would call Garrett on that one. But try running it past your scoop to see if that changes the sound! Best of Luck!

Well i did it !!!! I retired the tesoro and bought me a garrett at. I have been in the yard playing for the last hour and i have learned in that hour that i love it and cant wait till this weekend to break it in right!!! Thanks for all the input guys.

Awesome that you are enjoying your new AT Pro! Good Luck this weekend!

Congrats! Be sure to get the 5x8 Pro coil. Its AMAZING!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back