Garrett Pro AT pointer issue

Jwilson534

Mar 2, 2017
Southeast ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is beeping in the hole but nothing is in the hole. When I lay it to the side to clean out the hole it beeps 2 or 3 times in a row every 3-5 seconds. Sometimes it will beep when I put it to the plug but it's just a short quick beep and then nothing. Any ideas? And is it weird that my pointer came with the battery already in it. Usually things the require a battery it isn't installed yet.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved this find from Metal Detecting over to Garrett for more exposure.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DO you turn it on and leave it on? If so it is in alarm mode. You need to turn it on when you are going to use it and off again once you recover your target.

OP
OP
J

Jwilson534

Mar 2, 2017
Southeast ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DO you turn it on and leave it on? If so it is in alarm mode. You need to turn it on when you are going to use it and off again once you recover your target.

No its not that...Ithey was I had it set to highest sensitivity so I turned it to the #2 sensitivity and it's fine now.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a similar issue....New battery, on find target then back off, and ground balance should solve any problems.

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine is also acting crazy. New battery it doesn't cherp very loudly and sometimes when I find a target it beeps and keeps on beeping when I pull it away.. idk it might be a goner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread