All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
For the extra $$ I don't see any real benifits over the ACE 250 so if you paid retail (300.00) you got a good detector but IMO not a good deal. The 250 and a sniper coil would be a better deal. Once again. just my opinion. Get after it and show us your finds.

HH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's one of their older models, but the upside is that it will use GTAx coils. Never used one myself, so I can't say how good it is.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well he did not say he paid $300.00 for it he could have only paid $100.00 for it or got it for free. And every time someone gets a detector someone always says. OH you could have been better off with another model. I got a detector that i have been told you could be better off with a XYZ detector and i tell them i use it i like it you use what you like and i will use what i like.............. You got a good detector...... HH

Attachments

• !BvKv41!CWk~$(KGrHqIOKjoEvNoEoge-BMDZU5tDJg~~_3.jpg
    !BvKv41!CWk~$(KGrHqIOKjoEvNoEoge-BMDZU5tDJg~~_3.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 3,494

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
Well he did not say he paid $300.00 for it he could have only paid $100.00 for it or got it for free. And every time someone gets a detector someone always says. OH you could have been better off with another model. I got a detector that i have been told you could be better off with a XYZ detector and i tell them i use it i like it you use what you like and i will use what i like.

The draw back is no ground balancing, but hey you got a detector, go and learn it and enjoy the hobby...............You can always upgrade down the road if you wish when you find out just how really addictive this hobby is...........

Good luck and good hunting.....

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've never used one before but if you nailed four wheaties already, I would say it is a good machine. Garrett's have a good reputation. How deep were the pennies? Keep us posted on your finds.

Doug

OP
OP
m bryan

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
turtlefoot13 said:
I've never used one before but if you nailed four wheaties already, I would say it is a good machine. Garrett's have a good reputation. How deep were the pennies? Keep us posted on your finds.

Doug
Pennies were about one to two inches. Wife's grand parents old house........detector was given to me by a guy that dont hunt any more. I was wondering how out of date it was. Thanks for the replies......

OP
OP
m bryan

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
m bryan said:
Pennies were about one to two inches. Wife's grand parents old house........detector was given to me by a guy that dont hunt any more. I was wondering how out of date it was. Thanks for the replies......

Garrett hasn't sold them in quite a while, but they kept making them for Kellyco to sell as the Predator III. I think it's only been about a year since Kellyco quit selling them.

thecolonel

May 1, 2013
Hampstead, NH
Detector(s) used
Whites ID
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If its still finding the coins for you, its never outdated. Heck, I even pull out my old blue Whites CoinMaster2900 and it still finds coins like it did back in 1980. HH

FoxDelta

Tenderfoot
Apr 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's one of their older models, but the upside is that it will use GTAx coils. Never used one myself, so I can't say how good it is.

Is that the 7 khz GTAx1000 you're talking about?? With the 5 pin M configuration connector?? I'm asking because I have been looking for a PROformance elliptical search coil for my GTAx1000, but coming up empty. I get the idea the search coil for the CX Plus also uses the same M configuration connector. The CX Plus I believe operates on 6.5 khz.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked my way up with a Garrett Ace 300....it's a good starter detector!!:thumbsup:
The draw back is no ground balancing, but hey you got a detector, go and learn it and enjoy the hobby...............You can always upgrade down the road if you wish when you find out just how really addictive this hobby is...........

Good luck and good hunting.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread