What's new

Garrettt 250 questionn

AGirlGetsDirty

Full Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2013
Messages
101
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab & Whites, Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all, I am going to the beach soon with my garrett and would like to know how deep the coil and shaft can go in the water and help to manage all the false signals i get when I am in wet sand close to the water. Thanks in advance!,
 
Upvote 0
The falsing is due to heavy mineralization from the salt water. Not much your going to do about that. And as long as the control box don't get wet you should be ok with 3/4 shaft submerged.
 
buzzhead is right, as long as the control box isn't wet you're golden. Salt water= no-no because of mineralization as stated, but fresh water is alright.
 
All above correct, If you really want to salt water hunt and like your Garrett then upgrade to the At-Pro next. The box is fully submersible to 10 feet and you can ground balance it. Good luck!
 
I don't know for certain but I've heard the at pro was just like the aces when it comes to saltwater.... Yucky...
 
I don't know for certain but I've heard the at pro was just like the aces when it comes to saltwater.... Yucky...
My Ace 250 is unstable in the wet sand. I have to turn the sens down so low that Im only getting two inches of depth. My AT pro can get around 7 inches on a coin in wet sand and run stable. That's on Florida beaches.
 
Thanks! This is good infoI am going to OBX to metal and fish. The 2 inches may not be bad for me, there is nothing more frustrating than digging and getting water then hole collapse 😚😩
 
I don't know for certain but I've heard the at pro was just like the aces when it comes to saltwater.... Yucky...

Had mine in salt water many of times with no false what so ever..
 
I guess it depends on sand and conditions. When I was in NJ I was able to hunt all the way down to where the waves were coming up with no chattering. Found a couple of coins and this came up
74602e44bf3c7624ff0650b3aea00efd.jpg
 
I tried to use an ace 350 on the nw gulf coast of florida this summer. you can forget about anything but dry sand there. it freaks out when it crosses over into the wet sand. i didnt even attempt it in the water after trying the wet sand. works great in the dry tho! found lots of coins, cheapo ring, 2 bracelets, several earrings. good luck to you.
 
Thanks! This is good infoI am going to OBX to metal and fish. The 2 inches may not be bad for me, there is nothing more frustrating than digging and getting water then hole collapse 
Let us know how it goes.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom