What's new

Garter snap or something else

NGE

Silver Member
Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
3,511
Reaction score
135
Golden Thread
0
Location
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I posted this the other day with other things in blast from the past, some of my stuff. But I have been searching and can't find another like it. was it for some petite suspenders or for men or ladies stockings? So, I decided to do some close ups and let the guru's of I.D. have a crack at it. I found it at a construction site where the underground railroad was in operation. The farms there dated from 1830's to the 1940's. Any info would be great. On the push tab it says, " Newport" and on the backside of the whole thing it says, "Pat'd. Dec. 29, 1903...........NGE
 

Attachments

  • rubber in jaws.webp
    rubber in jaws.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 291
  • patent dec 29.webp
    patent dec 29.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 291
  • more detail.webp
    more detail.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 288
  • garter snap.webp
    garter snap.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 276
  • clip opened detail.webp
    clip opened detail.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 278
  • garter #2.webp
    garter #2.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 283
Possibly one side of a glasses chain clip. You would clip them to your eyeglasses and they'd hang around your neck.
My guess.
Good Luck.
Scott
 
Upvote 0
tymcmurray said:
I think it is a grarter clip.

agreed, looks like one
 
Upvote 0
Beaded Eyeglasses Holder Necklaces
Eyeglass Holder Jewelry: These unique silver tone beaded eyeglass necklaces are a beautiful way to hold your reading glasses or sunglasses - chains with an etched decorative design accent and crystal beads
This is kinda what I was thinking of.
Scott
 

Attachments

  • silver_beaded_glasses_chains.webp
    silver_beaded_glasses_chains.webp
    4.5 KB · Views: 246
Upvote 0
Daddytopcat said:
Possibly one side of a glasses chain clip. You would clip them to your eyeglasses and they'd hang around your neck.
My guess.
Good Luck.
Scott

I agree. Eyeglasses chain/leash clip.

If it were a garter clip, the end would be a flat loop to attach to a ribbon of fabric.

product_variety_6002.jpg



DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
ooooooor, old style snap for a firemans coat or cape.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like some kind of electrical hook up to me, the wire is clamped onto the pointy end with clamping pliars? Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom