Gas station find.....and some good nickels.

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The manager of a gas station that I deliver says "I have something for you to look at". Silver? "Not sure, but I'll show you. It was 2 1969 D Kennedy's and she wasn't sure why they sounded and looked like silver. She thought anything after 64' didn't have silver. I look at them and told her about 40%ers then offered her $4 for both. Bought them then asked if she had more. "Just these 2 in the drawer". I bought those 2 for face, 1 was a 68'. Also searched $50 in nickels finding 2 Buffalo (1 full date 35', 1 no date), 3 war, 10 pre 60', a Canadian rabbit, and a 1922 Canadian (far rim, I think). So after nothing last week, I had a good week, that's how it goes. The 1922 is my oldest Canadian find in a roll.

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Some nice finds. And 2 buffs, 3 war and 2 good Canadians from just $50 in nickels is great. I had a lousy week last week too - only found one silver war nickel. But I did really good at the end of this week - I found 13 silver half dollars to start off the month. And I got $50 in nickels today myself so Im hoping to find a little something more before the week is through.

HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread