What's new

Gator Boy Needed

bigscoop

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
14,653
Reaction score
9,097
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Care to date/I.D. these for me? I was told about 1744. There were not finds, just acquisitions. :laughing7:
reales.webp
 
Upvote 0
Wow.. Nice acquisitions.
I will need to see both sides of each coin
 
I think I see two different mints represented there Lima and possibly Potosi.
Can you provide all the info you have on where they came from please... As in where they were recovered.
Since I can't weigh them im just guessing by size that they are 2 and 4 reale cobs.
 
Last edited:
Here's the same four coins in two different plates, coins are in the same position and just flipped. (I've since given a few away to a couple of interested kids and a close friend.)

All I was told about these coins is that they were authentic 1744 1-reales.
We can use the following "A,B,C,D" arrangement as reference to each coin on the plates:
A B
C D


plate1.webpplate2.webp
 
Last edited:
They are definitely not all the same denomination and not all from the same time period.
This one for example shows the shield type design that went out of service in 1733

attachment-2-2.webp

This shows the pillars in waves design that was in production much longer and I believe I see a date of 44 on that one(1744)

attachment-2-1.webp
This photo seems to show their size much more similar to one another.. If all of them are one reale coins the smaller would be half reale.
Three out of the four show the Greek cross.. The thin one.. The smaller one with the thicker cross appears to be the 1744 likely minted in Lima Peru
 
Last edited:
The one looks like a 1969 quarter.:laughing7:
 
Thanks Gatorboy! Appreciate your time. :thumbsup:
 
No prob.
Nice cobs
 
Very interesting, thanks for the lesson. Ray
 
I'd like to find some of those.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom