What's new

Gem. BU/MS 65 + (Awesome find)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
8,006
Reaction score
899
Golden Thread
0
Location
Location: Undisclosed
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

I got $60 of dimes this time, I searched each and every roll with no results. I was getting very sad... :( on the 2nd to last roll I spotted silver... I thought cool :thumbsup: and turned it over and said WoW. :o That is a real nice one, must be a newer mint year. I look at the date and think must be 1964 then I see in nice bold clear writing it says 1949!! :o :o My Jaw drops and a very high pitch Squeek comes from the back of my throat. I continue to do this for the next 2 min. I soon stop and check my red book it says... :icon_study:

Mint state (MS 65) can have few blemishes and marks and a value of $25 !! This coin has just that maybe a scuff mark or two and a bag mark but otherwise perfect BU. I have seen a lot of nice Rossie's in the years I have been searching them and keep them in a Plastic Roll tube but. This one I was in shock, I have never seen such a nice Rossie dime in my life. I thought it had to go in a 2x2 right away and I did that in a hurry.

I took some pictures and I hope you all can enjoy this nice find as much as me.

Keep @ it and HH!!
 

Attachments

  • BUBank 001.webp
    BUBank 001.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 426
  • BUBank 002.webp
    BUBank 002.webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 422
Upvote 0
Good job! Thaat's one nice coin! :thumbsup:
 
Nice looking coin. I would use a pair of pliers to flatten the staples though. You don't want to put a scratch in a coin that nice. Don't ask me how I know. :-[

65GT350
 
Hey,

Thanks guys, I already flattened the staples but I'll do it some more. You don't flatten them for the coin they hold you do it for the other ones in your box if you stack them in 2x2's.

Keep @ it and HH!!
 
B E A UTIFUL! It is rare to find a dime that old and that clean in circulation.

-Golden Silver
 
Nice score, WTG
 
Very sexy find! :icon_queen:

-Codes
 
Thanks all,

I thought some of you would appreciate this.

Keep @ it and HH!!
 
wow sweet
you know though that coin is so pretty it should not be in a cardboard holder but a nice plastic one.
if you can find one or two at the local coin shop it would make that sweet coin even better ( in my opinion )
Way to go!!!
Dan
 
I do have some plastic holders but they are sized with foam. I don't like them that much, gold looks nice in them.

Keep @ it and HH!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom