R rockcrazy Jr. Member Joined Sep 28, 2014 Messages 23 Reaction score 10 Golden Thread 0 Location portage, Michigan Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 2, 2015 Thread Owner #1 Here is another find from our woods/yard. I was told it is a Geode but the formation looks like some type of worm. Is there such a thing as a Fossilized Geode. Thanks for your help. I'm learning more every day.
Here is another find from our woods/yard. I was told it is a Geode but the formation looks like some type of worm. Is there such a thing as a Fossilized Geode. Thanks for your help. I'm learning more every day.
Charlie P. (NY) Gold Member Joined Feb 3, 2006 Messages 13,215 Reaction score 17,441 Golden Thread 0 Location South Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands Detector(s) used Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Sep 2, 2015 #2 That's pretty neat. Worms are too soft to leave fossils, so I would assume it is aragonite (calcium carbonate) that formed after the geode was split.
That's pretty neat. Worms are too soft to leave fossils, so I would assume it is aragonite (calcium carbonate) that formed after the geode was split.
dawnhvr Full Member Joined Sep 5, 2013 Messages 132 Reaction score 48 Golden Thread 0 Sep 3, 2015 #3 That is AWSOME!!
R rockcrazy Jr. Member Joined Sep 28, 2014 Messages 23 Reaction score 10 Golden Thread 0 Location portage, Michigan Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 4, 2015 Thread Owner #4 Thanks, That is so cool. I'll have to look that up to learn more!