George Washington Inaugural button found today !!

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
This button was found today in a hay field across the road from my house.
This is also in "Todays finds" http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,197044.0/topicseen.html

Thanks for lookin' VPR

Attachments

• IMG_5363_1_1.JPG
    IMG_5363_1_1.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 778
  • IMG_5365_1_1.JPG
    IMG_5365_1_1.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_5363_1_1.JPG
    IMG_5363_1_1.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 710
  • IMG_5365_1_1.JPG
    IMG_5365_1_1.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 662

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a fantastic find! That button is on every button collector and relic digger's list. Congrats on a find of a lifetime! Banner!
Mike

OP
OP
VERMONTPACKRAT

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
brnn53 said:
That is a fantastic find! That button is on every button collector and relic digger's list. Congrats on a find of a lifetime! Banner!
Mike

Thank You ;D I am pretty proud of my button find :thumbsup:

As far as the banner I hope so..... Has not made it yet and if I cant make it with this I never will.

Thanks for the reply, VPR

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very rare and awesome find! :thumbsup: Congratulations! :thumbsup: Here is a link to George Washington buttons and values...... http://moscow2.pld.com/kirk/CobbGW/index.html I would think yours may be worth a couple thousand dollars anyway.

Steve

P.S. I nominated your find for the banner.....

OP
OP
VERMONTPACKRAT

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Goober said:
excuse my total ignorance, but is this a button that George washington actually wore to his innauguration ? Cause that would be incredible. How do you know if it is ? Sorry if I seem stupid I'm really new here and I know nothing about this kinda stuff. I have metal detected for a few years now but haven't found anything like this. mostly jewelery and some older coins.

Goober, This button was worn by someone to show support to Georgre Washington. Like someone today would wear a button showing there support for their favorite candidate in an election. {Politocal button}
Feel feel free to jump in and correct me if I am wrong. I am still learning about this button myself.
Click on the link provided by Goldiver and you will see several examples.
VPR

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very Awesome find,I have seen one found not far from here and always had hopes to find one myself,but very rare .

I hope it makes the banner for ya :thumbsup:

Nova Treasure

OP
OP
VERMONTPACKRAT

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Thanks again for the Banner nominations :thumbsup: Sure would be cool......

I will be putting together a post of all of the stuff found in the hay field where this was found.
Draped Bust and Classic Head Large Cents, Walker Half, etc. I got a little spoiled in the field accross the road ;D

VPR

OP
OP
VERMONTPACKRAT

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
I am happy to say that The button made page 40 in the W&E Treasures Annual best finds issue ;D :o :thumbsup:

This is a really cool feeling to be in the magazine!! I have been bragging to everyone I know about how "famous" I am now.... Cant wait untill the snow goes away and the ground thaws.

VPR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread