Getting a hunt together

Ronin9868 and Ronin9868 sounds good. I am also interested in any hunts to get to know you all. I live near the Cold Harbor Battlegrounds, but as you all know, hunters in the past has ruined any chances of any large hunts.

Good Luck and count me in....

PS. I do not like these things........
He had 11 button

rattler_018.jpg

{Sentinel} since this was your baby i just did a search in the other post in virginia and came up with these names that haven`t responded in this thread:

grizzly bare
Buckle Boy
Captain Jack
backitup83
papa
Roadquest
Michelle
Rowdy
Ron and Ann
birds4us
THing4CSA
Tres Gay
Minelab rick
DCMatt
Rebel
gmu4me
rottyguy
Tsr3905
Sqzdog
Charlene

All have posted in the virginia forum under the thread "HI"
Thought since you started this you might want to drop them an pm letting them know.
Hope i got all the names spelled correct and didn`t miss anyone.
If anyone knows someone that hasn`t posted in this thread or not on this list please add them in a post.
Josh, if you need some help give me a shout.

I`ll keep updating this list so we know who is informed and who is still out of the loop.

Hi all..

I saw my name on List and thought I would post. I am in Culpeper, Va and, like everyone else here, would love to participate in a hunt. However, I am really unavailable until the end of Tax season (April 15th). After that I am open to sugestions..

Dean

Re: Getting a hunt together... VIRGINIA !!!

Yo! Rebel here: ;D JUST checking in... saw my name on the "hit list"... ;D ;) ANYWAY... JUST a researcher (with list of treasure sites in Viringia on the "Hi!" thread)... the ONLY treasure hunting I do is in Bedford County, Va.; looking for the Beale Treasure :o and the CSA Treasury... or WEAPONS hidden in the hills of Bedford County... sorta KGC-related :o 8) (sunny out...) ;D :D ;)

HA! They changed it again !!! I just made a copy of it 15 minutes ago... it was about "shires"...Virginia losing land to the states of Maryland... Pennsylvania... Illinois... Indiana... Kentucky... West Virginia... etc. etc.; a "good" read... pre-1776, etc. HH anyway, folks... ;)

DCMatt checking in.

I'm just outside Washington DC, but not afraid to travel a couple hours for a hunt.

Count me in...

DCMatt

Good Day Gents,

Well we may have to wait for a big hunt until one of us can come up with a big spot..I could not get permission for a big group to hunt the ONLY big site that I knew of in Suffolk, VA. But not to despair, we still have nearly 3 full months of spring to get a hunt together. Let us all collectively keep trying to secure a nice BIG spot for everyone.

Now that the weather is finally getting warmer and with daylight savings around the corner, we should have time to get some MDing done. I live in Barhamsville which is just north of Williamsburg (lived in Wmbg for 10 years but found a place in the country I couldn't pass up.)
I'm game to do some MDing weekends are best for me but beggers can't be choosers. Let me know what I can do to get the ball rollin'

Steve

Gentlemen,

I hope everyone is doing good. I continue to hunt for us a spot to MD on. I hope that everyone collectively, if they see a spot or know someone who has at least a few acres, tries to at least once ask those people if we could metal detect the property. I will keep everyone posted with my progress and ya'll please do the same.

Very Cordially,

Sentinel

Time for searching for a spot is not my friend right now, Rebel. But I do had some ideas, and will check on Sunday (the 11th).

DM

Hey that sounds great Ann, keep us informed, TY.

Kool Ann yeah i would be up for helping give a demo to them if we can hunt the area.

Sounds good Ann i ll try getting some aerial views of it and saving them if i can, might help locate promising areas to hunt.

123.1 miles from my house.
I think I can handle that if it's a weekend thing.
A friday night, Sat. & Sun. would be great.

Hi Annmarie,

Been keeping my eye on the hunt chain and just really think it is great of you to put forth as much effort as you have. ;D I agree with you that the experience and comradeship of the weekend outweighs giving up the booty. :-[ I am still interested and as this forms would gladly lend my hand to help. Once again thanks for all the leg work you are doing.

Ronin

TY Ann for doing so much legwork, one suggestion though, the timeframe might be a lil tight to try and get everyone together and aware of this. Are there any dates for may?
To do this in april we need to pm everyone that has responded in this thread and also those that haven`t.

Think i can speak for some about the rangers having final word on any finds we may make, if the rangers will agree to allow each person to keep AT least one of there finds and not confiscate everything i think that might be a lil easier for some to accept. Also if they would make a display out of all the items found and kept and give the group credit for the finds that would make everyone happy.

It does sound interesting to me and u can def count me in, can`t speak for others but hey even if we can`t keep anything it will still be a nice hunt and more importantly a great way to meet everyone. Due to work i may only be able to come for sat don`t know yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back