mendenpen77%
Tenderfoot
- Joined
- May 10, 2016
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 1
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Norcross, GA
- Detector(s) used
- White's DFX
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Hello, everyone. It has been a few years since I have detected and believe it or not I'm not sure how to go about getting back into the hobby in regards to where I can go legally to detect (of course, I do realize that to detect on private property you need permission and you can't detect on federal land). Can you believe that? I have much more paranoia these days about detecting than I did years ago because of "signs" on property (even schools) and the laws I have read about online. I live in Norcross, GA, which is in Gwinnett County. I am aware of the Stone Mountain Treasure's Hunters Club (went to a few meetings many years ago).
I would love to go and hunt with someone who is more knowledgeable and connected in the area ! I just need to just get comfortable with the sport again and be taught the "do's" and "don'ts". I have a White's DFX and a Detector Pro underwater detector.
For example, can you detect on Gwinnett County owned land like a park or do you need permission? I've watched a lot of metal detecting videos online and am just dying to get back involved in this hobby. Another hobby that I have is "road biking" and have recently bought a new road bike on e-Bay. I am thoroughly enjoying doing this but want to start metal detecting again and find some jewelry or old coins.
Any ideas or advice would be truly appreciated.
Tom
I would love to go and hunt with someone who is more knowledgeable and connected in the area ! I just need to just get comfortable with the sport again and be taught the "do's" and "don'ts". I have a White's DFX and a Detector Pro underwater detector.
For example, can you detect on Gwinnett County owned land like a park or do you need permission? I've watched a lot of metal detecting videos online and am just dying to get back involved in this hobby. Another hobby that I have is "road biking" and have recently bought a new road bike on e-Bay. I am thoroughly enjoying doing this but want to start metal detecting again and find some jewelry or old coins.
Any ideas or advice would be truly appreciated.
Tom
could be got for some lands but it's usually only good for Swimming areas . 






