Getting back into scuba. Is this price crazy cheap or have I been away too long?

6packor2

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• scubasetup.jpg
    scubasetup.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 368
  • scubaback.jpg
    scubaback.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 160
not sure if i posted front pic right. Calypso back bladder bcd with all the goodies 80cf tank black reg is conshelf 21 not sure what yellow one is maybe same. whats your thoughts. Havent dove in 20 years so decided Id just go through certification again. I cant remember what I forgot. ;)

I have been diving a long time. IMHO used and outdated gear is not worth the risk! You are gambling with your life if something goes wrong 80-90 feet down. Even checked out the new gear has many safety back ups that old gear you have does not. Scuba in a expensive hobby and you can't put a price on our life! Just my 2 cents from someone who has had real underwater emergencies that backups on new gear saved my life.

and what new backups are we talking bout? Like I stated Ive been out of the game for some time but I am unaware of anything new. As far as regulators go for us divers not much has changed that im aware of. The titan and others have same internals as the old ones did 20 years ago. If im wrong correct me just cosmetic changes. I do intend the dive shop to through and inspect it all. I dont dive deep usally all above 40 feet where I go. its got a back up regulator so I will experiment with some new regulators n see if theres a big difference.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back