Ghana

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand that there is good gold there as well as a considerable amount of danger, both human and animal.
But I would go if the operation was fully funded by someone with deep enough pockets to insure a successful venture. :icon_thumleft:

GG~

OP
OP
mapatrin

mapatrin

Dec 15, 2012
My friends family own a village and the surrounding land in the gold belt area suppose to be a lot of diamonds as well :)

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you get your Yellow Fever shot, and protect yourself from Malaria. And, ''AWALYS'' boil your drinking water, and wash your hands with soap as often as posible. If you go I wish you the best!

OP
OP
mapatrin

mapatrin

Dec 15, 2012
Would like to find some English speaking guys that are over there to have contact with before I go :) anyone know any miners in Ghana lol :p

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When it comes to gold and diamonds in third world countries I'm not sure you can trust anyone.

Here is an expert you can contact in the USA, His name is Dan Pohle, possibility that he may have mining contacts in Ghana: Diamond Mining Equipment his e-mail address and ph# are listed on the site.

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
mapatrin

mapatrin

Dec 15, 2012
My friends family own the whole village he's the chiefs son but has grown up here in the uk some hopefully that will atop the robbing and the skanking or minimise it

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friends family own the whole village he's the chiefs son but has grown up here in the uk some hopefully that will atop the robbing and the skanking or minimize it

Keep us posted on your adventure, it would be great to see you do well and with a connection like that it would be a shame not to pursue it.
Have you watched "Jungle Gold" Heres the link for FREE full length episodes: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/jungle-gold filmed in Ghana
Doubt it has aired in the UK yet. Not sure though.

Go for the gold
GG~

Last edited:

improvmechanic

Jan 5, 2013
Also might be prudent to do some visiting on the extreme survivalist cites. The guys who take preparing for the end of days to the extreme. They have a lot of good ideas for "bugging out." And as you're headed to an unknown and potentially dangerous area you'll want a "bug out bag." Something containing the supplies you'll need to survive and protect yourself in your environment in case you get lost in the woods.

I only say this because village doesn't exactly sound like suburbs of Seattle to me, and it's very easy to get turned around in I unfamiliar and pristine wilderness. Good luck my man! Sounds like one heck of an adventure!

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You might want to check out the series " jungle gold" those dudes went threw some ---- while down there not sure if I would want to try it in such a difficult environment. Best of luck if you go for it!!

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other thing is that your "friends" dad is the chief of the village and it is the oldest sons job to bring in the food. To them you are their future Thanksgiving feast and the next time we see ya, we'll all be bidding for your shrunken head on ebay. :evil5:

OP
OP
mapatrin

mapatrin

Dec 15, 2012
Lol I have a tiny head anyway lol, I am a little nervous but he who dares wins been speaking to a guy who does gild expeditions good idea the gold you mine while their should pay for your trip have a look at his website ghanagoldrush.com he says loads of gold but even more red tape :/

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure I believe the guy, they will tell you just about anything to bring you down and your money. It's a game of risk with little return

OP
OP
mapatrin

mapatrin

Dec 15, 2012
The guy i Want to do this with He's one of my best friends known him for about 15 years he has worked and lived in the uk all his life his dad is the village chief but is ill so he as oldest sAndes acting chief it makes me laugh as he is a cockney from London and he has loads more money than me lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
mapatrin

mapatrin

Dec 15, 2012
The guy in the website has been really helpful I was only probing him to get get insight but he seems really helpful he's from Montana in the USA I think lived in ghana for 4 years now.

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's good news but you better have deep pockets to go down on that kind of expedition. Do you ever see " jungle gold" series on Discovery channel??? You might want to check it out give you alittle more perspective on that place. The show was filmed down there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread