Ghost Towns Galore!!! Buttons, horseshoes, and more!!!

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got back from my excursion around the state. Hit up every single ghost town I could find. Of course some ghost towns were better than others but here is my story!!

We start off in a mining town known for its silver!
IMG_1338.JPG
IMG_1340.JPG
Forgot to take photos of this town so with help from google, here are some photos. Didn't find much at this location because the whole place was vandalized and littered with soda cans and iron. However those kilns are way cool and I did make off with two ivory buttons located at the bottom right of the following picture.
IMG_1331.JPG

All along the way I was sampling parks and ghost towns for future reference because I just didn't have enough time to spend half a day at each site. I went to a total of at least a dozen ghost towns and a dozen out-in-the-middle-of-nowhere city parks.

In one of the parks, I stumbled across a bottle dump and had to refrain from digging up the baseball park. I did find a nice horseshoe!!
IMG_1329.JPG
In the above photo, I found lots of stuff. I was pretty pleased with what I took away. Some of the notable things I found were: 1916D wheat cent, bullet fragments and even two 2 ringers.

I got the opportunity to participate in an archaeology workshop at one of the ghost towns.
IMG_1341.JPG

I also stopped by several yard sales and I bought a vintage backgammon set my mother has been searching for and a nice hand blown bottle I really liked.
IMG_1373.JPG
IMG_1374.JPG

Other fun times include:

frogs
IMG_1371.JPG

Don't know if I would trust a pie made like that...
IMG_1367.JPG

So here is the overall pic with all of the finds again. Again, with only spending 30 mins to an hour at each site, I was pleased with my finds. Favorite things are horseshoe, bullets, shattered dinnerware, wheat cent, and bottle.
IMG_1329.JPG

Thanks for looking!! Looking forward to going back to the town that had the wheatie and bullets. I've also made a huge list of things to do for next time.
Cheers!

Upvote 14
OP
OP
H

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a blast. Very scenic drive that I would like to do very shortly.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A metal detecting road trip, Nice! Sounds like a fun time to me. Congrats on the finds!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome I would love to detect there wow Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions