What's new

Wild Find From a Ghost Town!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,905
Reaction score
47,573
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another beautiful day in the southwest desert!
I had been hunting for a several hours with nothing but the usual ghost town junk until I suddenly got a solid half dollar like signal and popped this silver insignia!

IMG_0721.webp


Seems to be an army insignia from the mid 19th century Mexico.

IMG_0732.webp


Also got a pretty little violet bottle stopper.
IMG_0733.webp


Here's the bottle stopper under 365nm UV light:
IMG_0720.webp


Here's a live .32 W.C.F. cartridge with a very unusual bullet crimp:
IMG_0726.webp
IMG_0725.webp


A suspender buckle with a lot of gold plating still present:
IMG_0730.webp


A tiny padlock:
IMG_0727.webp


Okay, here are the whatzits! Any help identifying is very welcome. Come on guys, help me out here!
IMG_0728.webp


This is made of brass.
IMG_0729.webp


Also brass and says Dixon & Sons:
IMG_0723.webp


With a dime for size reference:
IMG_0731.webp
 
Upvote 54
Did you get a new detector that excited you to start hammering the old mining towns or just sharing more these days? Just curious. I enjoy your posts.
 
GREAT FINDS !!! GREAT PICTURES thank you for sharing with us
 
Another beautiful day in the southwest desert!
I had been hunting for a several hours with nothing but the usual ghost town junk until I suddenly got a solid half dollar like signal and popped this silver insignia!

View attachment 2241253

Seems to be an army insignia from the mid 19th century Mexico.

View attachment 2241254

Also got a pretty little violet bottle stopper.
View attachment 2241258

Here's the bottle stopper under 365nm UV light:
View attachment 2241259

Here's a live .32 W.C.F. cartridge with a very unusual bullet crimp:View attachment 2241261View attachment 2241262

A suspender buckle with a lot of gold plating still present:
View attachment 2241263

A tiny padlock:
View attachment 2241264

Okay, here are the whatzits! Any help identifying is very welcome. Come on guys, help me out here!
View attachment 2241265

This is made of brass.
View attachment 2241266

Also brass and says Dixon & Sons:
View attachment 2241267

With a dime for size reference:
View attachment 2241268
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!
 
Did you get a new detector that excited you to start hammering the old mining towns or just sharing more these days? Just curious. I enjoy your posts.
Thanks, it was my friend Miguel (Conito@55) that I met here that got me into hunting ghost towns just a couple of years ago. Now I have to force myself to hunt parks and sports fields, it just isn't as enjoyable to me.
 
Another beautiful day in the southwest desert!
I had been hunting for a several hours with nothing but the usual ghost town junk until I suddenly got a solid half dollar like signal and popped this silver insignia!

View attachment 2241253

Seems to be an army insignia from the mid 19th century Mexico.

View attachment 2241254

Also got a pretty little violet bottle stopper.
View attachment 2241258

Here's the bottle stopper under 365nm UV light:
View attachment 2241259

Here's a live .32 W.C.F. cartridge with a very unusual bullet crimp:View attachment 2241261View attachment 2241262

A suspender buckle with a lot of gold plating still present:
View attachment 2241263

A tiny padlock:
View attachment 2241264

Okay, here are the whatzits! Any help identifying is very welcome. Come on guys, help me out here!
View attachment 2241265

This is made of brass.
View attachment 2241266

Also brass and says Dixon & Sons:
View attachment 2241267

With a dime for size reference:
View attachment 2241268
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom