Ha ha cute, Simon!

Two can play this game.

tumblr_or5mlixH9V1wna8nxo1_500.gif

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you once again to everyone for your thoughts and condolences on the sudden passing of our dog at this time. :coffee2:
I apologize for not having been more involved on ARC's thread early in the morning this week. I've been having difficulty focusing since the passing of our dog.

For the past 11 years, one of the main reasons for me getting up early was to spend some quiet time with our dog and Tnet before everyone else gets up.
I find the routines that we develop in our daily lives, gives us the motivation to do what we need to do every day.

Anyway, I have to stop going back in my mind and reliving these moments, mainly because it makes me depressed. :sadsmiley:
Our family will always have our memories of Lilly and that's what will help us heal as a family.

Dave
===========

Dave:

Simon was put asleep, ( due to MISDIAGNOSIS ), of the vet 10 years ago March. To this day, I still carry a packet in my pocket of the hair they trimmed off his ankle for the lethal injection. Max, ( my black British Bombay "Parlor Panther" ), passed in his sleep at 12 years of age just about two years ago. He was always an indoor cat and so whenever I go anywhere I also take his packet of hair with me so, ( in spirit ), he gets to go outside. I am maybe twice your age and it took a very long time before I started to realize just how important our pets are and to NOT take them for granted. I have one cat left ,( Sneakers ), whom we adopted the same time as Max. Both Simon and Max were spoiled, Sneakers has carte blanche as she will probably be our last pet just because of the pain in losing them. The pictures of Lily show how content she must have been. She looks like she had a very happy life. If you need to talk about Lily passing, feel free to p.m. me.
:notworthy:

( This was moved to Sis's thread because I was
"quoting a post" on a different thread. ) Thanks for the Hospitality Sis :icon_salut:

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Ack! Now I can’t sleep! I feel like they are crawling all over me!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry bout that tick bite Sissy. Hope it's not infectious

Thanks, rook. I can blame it on the COvid19. Ya know, practicing that stay at home thing, and look what happened! I direct result of COVID! LMAO!

raw

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I found something! Let’s hope there’s a porcelain seal in it and that I can get it out!

IMG_9171.jpg

IMG_9172.jpg

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Oooh looky there! Now how do I get it out without tearing up the lid like last time?

image-2020-05-16-13:40:06-087.jpg

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh my! It’s round!
image-2020-05-16-13:55:46-006.jpg

70 on the ATMax on the coin search settings. Now how do I clean it? Laying on top of the ground by that big tree.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Oh my! It’s round!
View attachment 1834119

70 on the ATMax on the coin search settings. Now how do I clean it? Laying on top of the ground by that big tree.

If it's copper don't clean with water. Wooden tooth pick will do. I use steel wool pencils. Amazon. That one looks a little toasty.

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks, rook. I can blame it on the COvid19. Ya know, practicing that stay at home thing, and look what happened! I direct result of COVID! LMAO!

raw

d3547c00efa37558e9a5b71d672750f3.gif

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
If it's copper don't clean with water. Wooden tooth pick will do. I use steel wool pencils. Amazon. That one looks a little toasty.

It's a round piece of trash I guess. Nothing comes off. I can't see any thing (figures, numbers). I think it is one of those aluminum blank things. Are they called planchette? Anyway... going back out now.

Oh yea, that is the second one of those canning lids I found there now. :hello2:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had a successful brick hunt!

DSC_0036.jpg

We were hunting in between Olive Hill and Grahn Kentucky, at a place where miners would dig out clay for the brick ovens around the area. The bricks pictured here are all local bricks, except for the Louisville Fire Brick Works Brick. The rest are variants of the Olive Hill Fire Brick co.

Did you know that many of the buildings in the Pennsylvania and Ohio steel industry were built with bricks from Olive Hill?

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The scenery was incredible where we were.

1a1a.jpg

DSC_1198.jpg

I wish there was a way to include scale in this picture... I mean this overhang was HUGE! I could live under there.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread