Gifs, Pics, and More

Your Last Day WD!!
giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Here are some pickups from an Ohio antique shop from yesterday.

View attachment 1912807

Scarce squat 1890s era J.I. Marsh Hutchinson bottle, from the nearby town of Portsmouth Ohio. I've been looking for one of these for a while now.

View attachment 1912809View attachment 1912810

The crown top version of the J.I. Marsh bottle, this one having a date of 1918 on the base.

View attachment 1912811

A WWII era Signal Corps Garrison Cap. The Signal Corps would set up and maintain field communications, phones and radar under fire. I got it for only $3.00 making this a true steal. It fits too!

View attachment 1912812

Nice score , Rusty! I love the selfie!

I have 3 Ohio bottles that I have bought just because they are from Ohio. I know nothing of their rarity/value. From left to right: C. J. Reasbeck Martins Ferry, O; Haynes Whiskey Distillery Troy, Ohio; and Jumbo Bottling Works Cincinnati Ohio.

IMG_0520.jpg

And speaking of one’s I know nothing about....

This is one of the first ones I found on my property, from aforementioned little creek. No markings outside of the flower basket embossed on it. What the heck kind of bottle was it? Oil? Perfume? Wine? IDK????

IMG_0518.jpg

I have 3 Ohio bottles that I have bought just because they are from Ohio. I know nothing of their rarity/value. From left to right: C. J. Reasbeck Martins Ferry, O; Haynes Whiskey Distillery Troy, Ohio; and Jumbo Bottling Works Cincinnati Ohio.

View attachment 1912887

This is one of the first ones I found on my property, from aforementioned little creek. No markings outside of the flower basket embossed on it. What the heck kind of bottle was it? Oil? Perfume? Wine? IDK????

View attachment 1912888

Tell us what's on the bottom, and where the seam ends on the side.
Post it up on the bottle forum maybe, lots of smart folks knowing the glass.

Tell us what's on the bottom, and where the seam ends on the side.
Post it up on the bottle forum maybe, lots of smart folks knowing the glass.

absolutely nothing on the bottom. Seam runs from , crud, it is so faint, I think just below the top all the way to the bottom. It has air bubbles here and there, also. Maybe I will get a better pick when the sun is shining. This inside light stinks.

View attachment 1912887

View attachment 1912888

I love that Jumbo bottle! Pictorial Hutches are always a nice find even though they might not be worth a lot of money. That's a good bottle, and scarce and a keeper for sure. The other hutch has a beautiful shape and color to it, and is another really nice keeper. I'll have to do more digging on both bottles.

Correcting the auto correct:

That should read Hayner Whiskey not Haynes.

In 1866 Lewis Hayner founded the Hayner Distilling Co in Troy, Ohio. Over the next 50 years, Hayner Distilling grew to be one of the largest distilleries in Ohio and the largest mail order whiskey business in the United States. Known for their superior quality, Hayner Whiskey and Bourbon were the preferred drinks across the country.
In 1920 the National Prohibition Act was passed by the United States Congress. The production, sale and transport of alcohol became illegal in the United States. Like all large distilleries, Hayner Distilling closed their doors. The distillery was dismantled, the barrels axed open and all of the bottles destroyed.
Now, 100 years later, the Hayner Distilling Co. has been resurrected. From a few surviving bottles, Hayner Whiskey and Bourbon are born again.
Born 1866. Born again 2021.

Afternoon folks C5F2D912-5E0F-4E24-965E-3E10B094DB1A.jpeg

I’m not digging up your flowers, mom. I’m just petting them. LOL

giphy.gif

DSC_0015.jpg

Coinz. I really have to take better pics of these. :p

The large cents are dated 1803, 1814, 1832 and 1850. The half cent is dated 1825.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back