Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Got a Chinese knockoff brand off Amazon. Now I don’t know how to use it or where to even begin.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are not fossils, they're rocks. If fossils are what you're after here, I would recommend looking up public fossil sites where you live and starting there. I look at geologic maps where sedimentary rock may be exposed, and then go onto google maps to corroborate rock exposures with geologic maps. Road cuts and rivers cutting through exposures of sedimentary rock on a geologic map will probably yield some good finds, but mind state/national parks (illegal to collect in most cases) and also mind private property (asking never hurts, but don't trespass). That's how I get fossils. Just some pointers to help out a fellow fossil enthusiast get started!

OP
OP
K

Kirt Still

Dec 6, 2022
Seminole co.,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
well, thanks for taking the time to post but I just don't see what you see, especially a foot. What do you base your ID on?
You can't tell that's a foot,the big toe is on left side.
They are rocks. Nothing more.

You need to learn how fossils form (retain original form of the bone; individual bones do not fuse together, etc.) But more importantly you need to study anatomy.

Take them to any anthropology/primatology department. Until you do that, and get them to agree with you, you will not convince anyone with any knowledge of anthropology to agree with you.

You are entitled to your opinion but that does not change the fact they are simply rocks.
No,there not.
They are infact fossils!!
Look at the foot again ,the big toe is on the right side of the foot.
Ok,you now how I know for a fact the are as I claim,I'll tell all of you.
I found the fossil in and antcient creekbed,and on this creek bed,the are giant foot prints of what appears to be 3 different bigfoot,"EMBEDED IN STONE IN THIS CREEK BED.A VERY LARGE SET OF 5or7.next to them is another set of footprints in the stone,with a very small set of feet in-between the to larger tracks in stone.
There,this is how I know there real.,with out a doubt,without a doubt!!!

OP
OP
K

Kirt Still

Dec 6, 2022
Seminole co.,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other

No,there not.
I found the fossil in and antcient creekbed,and on this creek bed,the are giant foot prints of what appears to be 3 different bigfoot,"EMBEDED IN STONE IN THIS CREEK BED.A VERY LARGE SET OF 5or7.next to them is another set of footprints in the stone,with a very small set of feet in-between the to larger tracks in stone.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just rocks, without a doubt.

OP
OP
K

Kirt Still

Dec 6, 2022
Seminole co.,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's the creek

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230103-073215.png
    Screenshot_20230103-073215.png
    217.9 KB · Views: 32

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No,there not.
Have you taken the time yet to read about the processes in which fossils form? The reason you are getting this pushback is because you are ignoring the absolute basics in how fossils form and why. It is not all because we think big foot is a myth and it is a conspiracy against you. Also you continue to completely ignore people who are trying to take an honest look at these for you. They ask for one very easy to do and simple thing, to take the rocks outside in sunlight and take clear pictures on a neutral background. Take them outside and place them on a piece of white paper(or something neutral not black or the same color as the rocks) with a ruler beside them for scale, do not hold them in your hands. Do not use a flash on the camera. Use a tripod or something to rest your camera on to ensure a steady photo. Take photos of each piece from 2 or 3 angles so we can get an idea of the 3d shape of it. If you can not be bothered to do these two simple tasks as requested, then no person ever will be able to help you even if this is what you think. Please spend an hour online reading on the formation of fossils, and please take the proper time to take pictures as instructed.

Last edited:

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Got a Chinese knockoff brand off Amazon. Now I don’t know how to use it or where to even begin.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has never been any record of Gigantopithecus Blacki found in Oklahoma, or frankly, anywhere in North America. If you want to go find this species, you have to travel to southern China and start there. I wouldn't recommend that maneuver however, because collection of fossils in China is illegal. You could maybe try Northern Vietnam, but that's going to take months, if not years, of searching due to the sparse findings of this species there. Also, this species went extinct about 300,00 years ago, while the ice bridge formed only about 37,000 years ago. So there is no way this species ever crossed into North America, unless one of them Micheal Phelpsed themselves Across the pacific, and then walked to Oklahoma and made home. It just didn't happen. However, it's not all doom and gloom on your end. Your county actually has quite a bit of fossils exposed! Brachiopods, Crinoids, Trilobites, and other fossils can be found here. There is also a location for Tremnospondyl skeletal remains which I had no knowledge of. So now I'm going to track that down, and pin it on google maps for a rainy day. All it takes is a little research, and you can have some real fossils in your grasp. I'm actually quite glad that you are unwilling to open your mind to new possibilities, because now I'm going to have a couple new sites in Oklahoma that I didn't even know existed if it weren't for this post. Thank you very much!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe these are the teeth and the right foot of an GIGANTOCISOPETHICUS;
any feedback is welcome.
Your opening post stated "I believe", the statement "I believe" is not a "for a fact" statement.

No,there not.
You previously stated you dug up the rocks while digging a BBQ pit in your yard, is the bbq pit in the creek bed?

Your picture of the creek bed is totally useless, it is out of focus.

OP
OP
K

Kirt Still

Dec 6, 2022
Seminole co.,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
Just rocks, without a doubt.
Wrong!
Your opening post stated "I believe", the statement "I believe" is not a "for a fact" statement.

You previously stated you dug up the rocks while digging a BBQ pit in your yard, is the bbq pit in the creek bed?

Your picture of the creek bed is totally useless, it is out of focus.
Give me a day or two,I'll go back down to my creek and take some pics,of these giant foot prints.and post for you and the others.maybe then the doubt and skepticisem will be put to rest.
Then I can proceed with the next steep on bringing these to the attention of the proper people qualified in this field.

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to say it again, there is no data nor proof of this species ever living in North America. This species has been found in Southern China, and Northern Vietnam. Boom. Argument done.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You forgot to answer my question, you said you found the rocks while digging a BBQ pit in your yard, is your yard in the creek bed, if not what does creek bed have to do with rocks you dug in your yard?

If you are going to post more out of focus pictures they will be of no use. Before you post pictures please blow them up, if they are out of focus when blown up they will be of no use.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
another earth shattering rock discovery,found while digging a BBQ pit in the creek.

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rock Creek
Now everyone else knows where to find these items.
That’s why I keep my sites anonymous. I can’t believe this is the first place in America where this species is found!

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rock Creek
Now everyone else knows where to find these items.
That is why people should not fall for people baiting them into revealing their finds locations…

There are people on this site who try to have members reveal their playgrounds locations…And of course some members fall for it…

What a shame…

Ed T

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is why people should not fall for people baiting them into revealing their finds locations…

There are people on this site who try to have members reveal their playgrounds locations…And of course some members fall for it…

What a shame…

Ed T
No one is baiting him to find the location of anything, its not like it is gold and silver, they are rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread