UnderMiner
Silver Member
- Joined
- Jul 27, 2014
- Messages
- 4,479
- Reaction score
- 12,344
- Golden Thread
- 2
- Location
- New York City
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 2
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Excalibur II, Equinox 800
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Found this today, someone threw it away. It is very heavy, made of gilded brass.
In one hand is a flower stem and a light bulb can be screwed into the big flower.
The other hand was once holding somthing that is now gone:




Close up of the lamp socket:

The top of the lamp resembles cloth, I thought this particularly interesting:

Online sources show similar lamps were made in France at the start of the 1900's.
I think the style is called "Ormolu Beaux-Art" which was popular from the 1800's to the outbreak of World War One.
I'll try to find out more about it in the coming days.
In one hand is a flower stem and a light bulb can be screwed into the big flower.
The other hand was once holding somthing that is now gone:




Close up of the lamp socket:

The top of the lamp resembles cloth, I thought this particularly interesting:

Online sources show similar lamps were made in France at the start of the 1900's.
I think the style is called "Ormolu Beaux-Art" which was popular from the 1800's to the outbreak of World War One.
I'll try to find out more about it in the coming days.
Upvote
12







