What's new

gilt Navy button . Josh Starkey . London . Conduit St.

1491

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2007
Messages
556
Reaction score
69
Golden Thread
0
Location
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
I dug this at a site that has yielded a lot of 1920 era relics. I can't make out the entire backmark, but based on info from another website, it was produced at the Conduit St. address of this company (http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/pages/buttonsntoz.html). That narrows down the date range to 1856-1918. Any additional information is appreciated. ???
 

Attachments

  • Gilt Military Button 2 Pumpkin Patch 2008.webp
    Gilt Military Button 2 Pumpkin Patch 2008.webp
    99.7 KB · Views: 641
  • Gilt Military Button Pumpkin Patch 2008.webp
    Gilt Military Button Pumpkin Patch 2008.webp
    75.9 KB · Views: 591
  • Gilt Military Button Pumpkin Patch 2008 (1).webp
    Gilt Military Button Pumpkin Patch 2008 (1).webp
    97.4 KB · Views: 629
Actually, it looks like it may be from the Old Bont Street address... As (Josh) is indicated on the back mark...

I think. ???
 
Thanks for the reply. I can reliably make out a "D", followed by a "U", so it is probably Conduit St. I'm going to post another I just found yesterday at the same site. - Jim
 
ziphius said:
Thanks for the reply. I can reliably make out a "D", followed by a "U", so it is probably Conduit St. I'm going to post another I just found yesterday at the same site. - Jim

There is no "D" or "U" on this back mark... you lost me. :tard:
 
There is definitely a "D", followed by a "U" on the backmark, obscured by the shank. That's what led me down Conduit St. There's also a "T" around the other side, which probably is the ending of "ST."
 
Thats an interesting button. Is it post CW Navy?
 
I think it is post cw. Eagles head is facing right. Pre cw eagle is facing left.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom