Glassware identification

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to the forum.

I'm thinking they are mid century, probably early Victorian gothic pots with glass inserts. Or maybe a Chinese weather balloon? :laughing7:

Pictures would sure help. :thumbsup:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I am new to this so forgive me if I have posted in the wrong area, my wife & I recently received some antique glassware from her parents and need help identifying the pieces.
Thanks in advance!
tn_md.gif
1st - Welcome Aboard tommythetech! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country)...
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from HELP! over to ANTIQUES & COLLECTIBLES > GLASS IDENTIFICATION for more exposure.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum.

I'm thinking they are mid century, probably early Victorian gothic pots with glass inserts. Or maybe a Chinese weather balloon? :laughing7:

Pictures would sure help. :thumbsup:
Now tommythetech might not know glassware-but he sure seems to know tech.:laughing7:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The glassware in your pictures is commonly called "depression glass". Depression glass is glass pressed into iron molds. It's the least expensive way to produce decorated glassware.

The value of depression glass depends on the rarity of the pattern/color combination. The original price for a full 8 place set of glassware with all the plates, bowls compotes etc was about $2 when they were originally sold. Most depression glass doesn't have much value but a few rare patterns/colors can bring good money.

The particular pattern/color of your pieces is the Adam pattern in pink color from Jeannette Glass company in Jeannette, Pennsylvania. This is not a rare pattern but depression era pink pressed glass is one of the more desirable colors right now.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
One thing I’ll add. I’ve been to a lot of estate auctions. I’ve seen common depression glass items go for 10X the appraised values. If the right 2 or 3 people are in the crowd. Lesson: if you aren’t in a hurry to sell, find the right buyer.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Full sets are also important.....I also did estate sales and cleanouts. The most commonly missing items are salt/pepper shaker, and butter dish lid. These items were often dropped and broken.
16889340946129004943699498464618.jpg

There are some sources if you can find them still. It is beautiful and durable as far as glass goes !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20230709_162933.jpg
20230709_162953.jpg
these prices are very old, but they show how certain pieces in the sets can be scarce, expensive, and sought after to complete a set !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions