Goals/firsts for 2011?

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Ok, so I'd like to know what everyones goals are for this year. Are you going to try and find a coin or relic you've never found before? Or maybe break a certain record (number of silver coins found in one year, number of pieces of gold or silver jewelry found in one year, amount of clad found in one year, etc.)? I have already had 4 firsts this year (WOW!! :o), and March isn't even over yet!! My firsts include: first buffalo nickel (two actually; a '26 and a '36); first presidential dollar (John Quincy Adams), first Sacagawea dollar, and first SBA dollar. I'm gonna set the bar high this year, especially since I've got the new E-Trac. Here are the goals I'd like to reach this year (in no particular order): find more silver coins than I did last year, find more pieces of gold jewelry than I did last year, find a Barber coin OTHER THAN a dime (I already have found two of those), find a silver half dollar (any type), find more indian head cents and V nickels (I only have one of each), find a large cent, and find as many coins from the 19th century (or earlier) as possible (I currently have found 3 19th century coins- 186? shield nickel, 1893 indian head cent, and 1898 Barber dime). I'm sure that I'll think of a few more as the year progresses. In the meantime, post YOUR 2011 goals here!! I wanna know what they are!! ;D

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no particular order:

gold ring
gold coin
1/2 cent
LC
2c
3c (silver or nickel)
shield nickel
half dime
20c
seated coin
silver or gold pocket watch case
more old tokens
early chauffeurs license
intact hutch bottle
spanish reale (any size)
silver dollar
real gun of any kind

Gotta dream big when your treasure hunting!!! :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:

filthyflyer39

Oct 18, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari
earlier this year i got my first war nickel and my goals are

at least 20 silvers (only found 5 previous 2 years, and i have 2 this year already)
find more V nickels and buffs
get my first shield nickel
3 center
seated!
SLQ, BBQ
find more indians
first gold jewelry and more silver jewelry
dig things that i would normally pass just to see what they are

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I want to see who finds the oldest U.S. coin in the area. (Chicagoland)

I still lay claim to finding the 1807 LC that I let my buddy dig. So I have to replace or better that find.

My penance and sorrow knows no bounds.

Got my silver dollar for the year/DECADE! But I will try again just because they rock!

As for anything else, TF sums it up quite well. Oh wait, you left out the George Washington Inaugural button TF!

BTW, I think we'll know when you break each one of those firsties Paul. I think I heard you last week in fact when I was out in the woods around here.

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
I set a goal last year of doubling my silver count from 2009. I got really frustrated at the end of last year as I was only a few silvers away from my goal and just couldn't get there all the while L4S kept pulling em' out and I was getting skunked on the last few hunts. So I told myself that I wasn't going to set any goals for 2011.

Just let what comes happen and be thankful for the time you get to detect. HH

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No goals here either,Well I guess one....to just have fun and enjoy the time in the field.....

I do hope all of you that are setting goals reach them...Even the chicagoland guys :wink:

Soup

M

MR Senior L4S

Got out more often , and have fan --------- those silvers counts are only for statistic , not for competition !

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
There are several coins I would like to find that I have never found:

1) Flying Eagle Cent
2) 3 Cent Silver
3) Bust Coin
4) 20 Cent Piece
5) Silver Dollar
6) Gold Coin

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Complete my transition to a full time professional treasure hunter/prospector...and, in that process, discover the means to continue funding future hunts and development. :headbang:

oh...and find a meteorite :notworthy:

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
MR Senior said:
Got out more often , and have fan --------- those silvers counts are only for statistic , not for competition !

Agreed. However a little friendly competition between L4S and I doesn't hurt. :laughing7:

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goal #1 - Double my silver count from 2010. Lets see, I only need to find 1 silver then!
Goal #2 - Check the picture!

Attachments

• 1854_three-dollar_piece_obv.jpg
    1854_three-dollar_piece_obv.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 1854_three-dollar_piece_rev.jpg
    1854_three-dollar_piece_rev.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 73

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread