What's new

Going hunting at an old school house!

oifbusch

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2014
Messages
20
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Abbeville, SC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey yall, new here but lucked out being that my family close by, lives in/owns an old school house. Any tips for where to look or certain features to watch for? My uncle said there's old bottles under the house so hopefully I can find some coins or some cool historic items :)

Thanks guys. ..btw im using a Tek Alpha 2k

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
 
If you are looking for a partner let me know. I just retired from the Army down here by Fort Gordon. I am new to the hobby and am running an AT Gold. Thanks.
 
Depends on how old the school is. Many one room schoolhouses never had your typical playground, so I would not leave any of it undetected. Definitely go under and retrieve any bottles, they will also tell you a little something about the age of the school and perhaps some nice embossed ones will tell you what they were using.keep us posted
 
Most had an old well location too which is always high on my list. I have found quite a lot under old buildings
 
Id hit the entire property in one direction (i.e. East to West), and after you detected the whole area, I hit it from North to South. You might be amazed at all the targets you missed during your 1st pass.
 
Cool guys thanks....I actually used to live there lol, replumbed the entire place so I know underneath of the school pretty good too. This school is late 1800s to early 1900s...my uncle dont know for sure and ive tried researching but no luck!

There is also an old well that is still used today. So ill definitely check it out :) thanks Tyler

And Btripp pm me..im retired from the army as well :)


Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
 
Hey
Here's a pic I found of the school back in the 40s-50s...i still need to show my uncle this one, the building is almost the same even after all these years
d511464b1d155940463f65c787b6dacc.jpg


Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Most had an old well location too which is always high on my list. I have found quite a lot under old buildings

Id hit the entire property in one direction (i.e. East to West), and after you detected the whole area, I hit it from North to South. You might be amazed at all the targets you missed during your 1st pass.
 
Last edited:
oifbusch I sent you a PM, and congrats on retiring.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom