Going to try Genseng hunting!

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

Interesting your laws there, It seems to grow wild all over the place here. But i never went out to look for any. Others i know do so every week. You forgot to mention the ones shaped like a human figure bring a premium price. You also did not mention most is shipped to Hong Kong to be exact. And it is feed to race horses to enhance their preformance. Seeing as how it grows wild with no help, nature tends to do quite well on its own. It is when people try to duplicate the conditions that diffuculties araise. Oh by the way Marathon county in Wisconsin is the Genseng capital in the U. S. And produces over 1/4 of the worlds supply. Other than that i do not know much about the subject. Thanks once again for your imput. Happy Genseng hunting.

SomeGuy

Jun 26, 2005
ZumbroKid said:
Seeing as how it grows wild with no help, nature tends to do quite well on its own.

It doesn't grow out of thin air, it grows from the seed of preceding generations. If you remove those seeds, then what? To insure future supply, plant the seeds when you make the harvest.

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

I never replanted any Genseng seeds and do not have any intentions to do so in the future.

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

In fact the harvest season is after the seeds have already fallen off.

uberlapis

Aug 8, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Someguy,
You beat me with you post.
I post here to help others but Zumbro has to come back at people like an argument I talked to him in the chat once and got a bad impression of him, but i disregarded this and started fresh but now screw that,
It seems that Zumbro likes to put on an act that he is smarter than he may be/is.
just my .02

And hey Zumbrokid here is a quote from the book I have from a ginseng expert.
"Records indicate that 20 million pounds of dried wild ginseng roots were shipped from the U.S. to China (not Hong Kong) from the Revolutionary war until 1900. ?Considering the minimum green to dry ratio is 3/1, more than 60 million pounds of wild ginseng was dug in about 120 years." Derek Pritt.
This in a chapter that is explaning the history of ginseng. ?It keeps talking about China not Hong Kong!

Hey, another one Zumbro, spelled ginseng not "genseng"?
I should just shut up and just fallow your posts your the man!

HH
Uber

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

ZumbroKid said:
I never did get out to hunt the stuff, I got the premit but there was no mention of replanting the seeds or any booklet given with the permit. It might be a local or certain state ordiance to replant the seeds. But then again it grows wild. I can ask the yahoo at work that hunts it. But knowing him he does not replant seeds. If he detected he would leave his holes. He is that kind of fellow.? ?;)
1.This post of mine states i never got out to hunt it once.
2. So why your follow up on me to replant the seeds when i never dug one plant.
3. And making personal cuts this is against the forum rules i do believe.

uberlapis

Aug 8, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZumbroKid said:
I never replanted any Genseng seeds and do not have any intentions to do so in the future.

I was not talking about the quote you put in your last post this is what I'm talking about!

This here that I quoted, you can see is one whole post not just a selected part and it is regarding replanting seeds.? In regards of this post being about the replanting, you say you have no intention to do so in the future.? This is why I got angry.

You have cleared it up with me that you have no intention to hunt for it in the future.

Thats OK thats just not what me or I think anyone would get from your post.
You may want to think a little bit more in the future about how your saying or explaining something on the boards and how it may sound to others.
You may have bin thinking it but, its not explained that way in your post and that is all we have to go by.

Talking to you in the chat you seem like an OK guy and fairly intelligent and helpful to others just like I was trying to do,? Its just how you word things wile talking to you that rubes me the wrong way.? With talking to you more I'm getting used to it.

And this is a general note to all that read.
Metal detect.... refill your holes!? ? ? Ginseng hunt..... Plant the seeds!? ?Please, Its best for everyone.
Thank you!

And see you around Zumbro take it easy bud, HH
Uber

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

I guess i planted a good one in the thread! ;)

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

I must be made of emery cloth. Uber is a ok guy. you will all enjoy talking to him in the chat room.

uberlapis

Aug 8, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if you did in the post but you certainly did in the chat were we could talk live.
And I was able to hear you out and you could explain what you meant.

And if anyone needs hunting tips that will find you tons of old coins I could help but, try and catch Zumbro in the chat! And check out his post on some of the different coins he found this year
I wish I was able to get out more offten than I could the last two years. Spring time after this winter I should be good to go with a lot more hunting time and I'm have some big time numbers like Zumbro to post here.

HH
Uber

miester

May 21, 2005
Wi
When you drive thru Marathon county all that land that has elevated porous cloth over it is ginseng land, the cloth lets the rain in and keeps the sun to a minimum. It's an attractive plant, but if you have rabbits around they will find it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread