What's new

GOLD ACID TEST UNCERTAINTY

mariposagold

Bronze Member
Joined
May 1, 2012
Messages
1,223
Reaction score
886
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a gold acid test kit, but I am confused by the results. What constitutes a pass or fail. I took two rings, one I was uncertain about, the other I thought for sure was junk. So I did the 10k test on the uncertain one. The problem is, the scratch does not go completely away, but it fades a bit. All the video's I've seen, the gold does not change at all. Confusion.

On the ring I believe is junk, I did the 10k, 14k and 18k test, and no change whatsoever. More confusion.

If someone can help me out here, I'd be a happy camper.

MG
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom