Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tossed out most of those bags I took from the curb the other day. Was casually going through the last few today when I came across a gold disk, thought it was just more junk at first, but when I turned it over I saw a "750" stamp on the back! That's right - 18K gold! And it gets better, the disk was an earring and it had a twin! Also found a small 14K and pearl earring, a sterling earring with a yellow stone, a sterling necklace, and most amazing - a Tiffany & Co. Sterling key ring with a heart pendant! Still haven't found the end piece to the Tiffany key ring but I'm not complaining! 5.2 grams of 18K gold, 0.7 of 14K, and 37.9 of sterling! Awesome!

Everything:
Finds 1.jpg

18K "750" earrings:
Finds 2.jpg 750 stamp.jpg

Tiffany sterling key ring and heart pendant (dated 2001):
Tiffany 1.jpg Tiffany heart.jpg

Sterling and stone earring:
Earing silver.jpg

Sun sets on another great day:
Bridge 1.jpg

Upvote 9

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool Underminer,,, I haven't raided the recycle areas or furniture disposal rooms in my complex in awhile. We have students that are renting rooms for their graduate degrees. Once they finish their studies, they move out. Since Mommy and Daddy are paying for everything, they throw most of it out. Some of it I take to the Flea Market Table, but the broken Gold or Silver chains, I keep. Nice haul my friend.

OP
OP
UnderMiner

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool Underminer,,, I haven't raided the recycle areas or furniture disposal rooms in my complex in awhile. We have students that are renting rooms for their graduate degrees. Once they finish their studies, they move out. Since Mommy and Daddy are paying for everything, they throw most of it out. Some of it I take to the Flea Market Table, but the broken Gold or Silver chains, I keep. Nice haul my friend.

Microwaves, mini fridges, desk lamps, and "broken" laptops. Most common things I get every semester or so from my local university. Have to admit, when I finished I abandoned my own bike there. Oh the irony :laughing7:

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are the man! :thumbsup: Seriously you should start work on a book brother and I will be your co-author if you want. It's absolutely crazy the stuff people throw out and sell for next to nothing in NYC. My wife and I just picked up a, for all intents and purposes, brand new desk from a gal that moved in from St. Louis to NYC...the desk and chair are valued at over $500, are a couple months old, and are in mint condition and my wife got them for $150. That's like finding $350. I'm in a part of NJ where I see absolutely crazy stuff placed at the curb too.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another nice return for your efforts, keep it up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread