What's new

Gold and Silver Finds

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
3,716
Reaction score
1,504
Golden Thread
0
Location
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Deus II/HF2, Manticore, E-Trac, Excalibur II, V3i, Pro-Find 40, Vibra-Probe 585, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Retired recently ... been out a few times over the last decade, but not like I used to hit it. Went through my old finds ... at least those that go into the "treasure chest". Gold on the left, then coins, and the silver. Best in terms of monetary value is the diamond ring - 1.03 carats total ... about $1500 at the time. About 20 gold items, over 80 silver items. Nothing compared to many, but it sure was fun finding this stuff ... mostly parks and a few old spots in Houston. Also have some cool historic items from Memorial Park (Camp Logan - WWI). I'm excited to get back out there, plus I need the exercise, lol, and gold is up. Cheers!

Best_Finds_2.webp
 
Upvote 14
Great collection of finds ! It's nice that you are getting back out there. I know the feeling. Thanks for posting. There's still lots of stuff that has been waiting for you to uncover. Cheers !!
 
Gold and silver is up. Unless you are going to sell (you obviously have not yet) the treasures are worth your experience, education, and pride/bragging rights.

Good luck increasing the pile!
Not everyone has a tangible pile of treasure that they find/accumulate. Sure folks have houses in rich markets and investments, but actual treasure they can hold in their hands?..
 
Thanks all! Much appreciated. This was not occasional detecting, it took years - I've only detected "occasionally" for the last 10 years or so, before that I went at every opportunity, even before work, etc. Here's some miscellaneous stuff, notably the Camp Logan (Camp Wolverine...? ;-) stuff. Some buttons and even a Lieutenant's bar. That place has been hit so hard but I find myself wanting to hit it again. Also included a pic of a ring that I wear daily - my favorite - Avery "Radiant Christ", and a couple of the diamond ring. I did get out today for the first time in a while; felt great, some coins and zipper pulls, etc. - nothing notable - pic of the field included - love the mist. Cheers!
 

Attachments

  • Misc.webp
    Misc.webp
    491.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Logan_1.webp
    Logan_1.webp
    472.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Logan_2.webp
    Logan_2.webp
    468.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Logan_3.webp
    Logan_3.webp
    486.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Jan07_19.webp
    Jan07_19.webp
    79.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 1_03_WG_DR_1.webp
    1_03_WG_DR_1.webp
    32.6 KB · Views: 59
  • DJ_14K_1_03_Carat.webp
    DJ_14K_1_03_Carat.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 20251115_064926(0).webp
    20251115_064926(0).webp
    396.7 KB · Views: 81
Thanks all! Much appreciated. This was not occasional detecting, it took years - I've only detected "occasionally" for the last 10 years or so, before that I went at every opportunity, even before work, etc. Here's some miscellaneous stuff, notably the Camp Logan (Camp Wolverine...? ;-) stuff. Some buttons and even a Lieutenant's bar. That place has been hit so hard but I find myself wanting to hit it again. Also included a pic of a ring that I wear daily - my favorite - Avery "Radiant Christ", and a couple of the diamond ring. I did get out today for the first time in a while; felt great, some coins and zipper pulls, etc. - nothing notable - pic of the field included - love the mist. Cheers!
Thanks for sharing.
 
You have had some great finds over the years. Congratulations!
 
Good to hear that you retired and will be digging in the dirt once again.
Very nice collection of finds. Well done
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom