What's new

Gold band found with a lot of history

abeach01

Jr. Member
Joined
May 9, 2010
Messages
60
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
1
Location
USA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXCALIBUR X10
I found this gold band on the way home from a hunt, only had less than 2 hours to hunt. But found this 8.1 gram 14kt band that has alot of history.
it has been engraved with 3 different wedding dates and initials. If only I could research this somehow and get it back to him or her. The dates are as ffollows
in old English script JB-RR 5-6-54
stampted NO-JV 5-14-94
hand engraved MF-JO 8-1-06
58 years of martial history is a short span for 3 generations , very cool find that I would love to return. Any ideas on how to find a name from the wedding dates and initials.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 184
Upvote 0
I'd guess 1854 through 1906
(Condition makes me doubt very much 2006 is the last date)
handed down through wives (mothers) to their daughters


but the engravings could be husband to to future wife,
if mother to son then son to future wife

Very Cool Historical Hand me down :occasion14:
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom